Woe is me!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Seebold

Hey guys, I’ve been trying to get my machine shop up and running again but I’m just not making any progress.

Then about 3 weeks ago, my wife of 35 years was diagnosed with cancer, so I’m gonna be taking care of her for at least the next 3 months while she undergoes chemo therapy, then possibly surgery to remove the cancer.

I certainly hope she makes it through this. I’d like to spend at least another 15 years with her. In 15 years I’ll be 92. If I live that long.

Man same here my wife has multiple myeloma blood cancer and we are also doing chemo shots and chemo drips in 8 hour sessions and gearing up for a spinal transfusion which will take 3 to 6 months at the Male Clinic in Rochester Mar. super lame!!! Charlie

All the best to you and your wives Steve and Charlie - as a cancer patient myself and a married man for 46 years I can tell you that your love, help and support will be a big factor in how well your wives cope with their treatment and recovery.

Prayers to all that are dealing with cancer in their lives.

I will say that there have been some amazing strides made lately in cancer research. My wife is a 12 year survivor of AML... She had a great team at MD Anderson and underwent a Stem Cell Transplant.
Just this week we found out that she now has a soft tissue tumor in her stomach, that is one of the rarest forms of leukemia there is. Less than 2% of people that have had any form of leukemia end up with this form of cancer.
Doctors don't even have a protocol to follow.

But true to my wife's form, she is going to fight it!! They will give her chemo for a second time, proton radiation to the tumor, and if necessary a second round of Stem Cells. They are not sure at this point if surgery is an option.

She is determined to not let cancer win...and being her caregiver, I try to be as much in this fight with her as she is.. Together we will beat this again!!

Praying for you guys !!!
Fight the good fight !
Frank

MD Anderson cured a close friend of mine who had Hairy Cell leukemia.

He had a brain full of tumor and the local medical team was going to let him die

But decided to remove the the largest mass. He woke up and eventually made it to MD Anderson and is now 6 yrs free of leukemia.

It’s just amazing the advances that have been made in cancer research.

I really hope everyone out there who has cancer can beat it.

Back