WINDOWS 10............ not liking it so far

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

Anybody feeling any better about W10 yet?

I keep getting the notice to upgrade, and I've got a few issues with my current OS (W7HP). It's time to do something, but I don't really want to fork over $200 for an install disk that MS is saying they are soon discontinuing support for, nor do I want to go through what I've read about W10.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

Guys,

Nothin'? Nobody?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BalckJack Hydros

Brad -

I just bought a new desktop with 10 replacing my old vista box. Used laplink to transfer apps and data with a cross over cable. I also installed Office 2016. Not really having any problems with any apps but the look and feel is definitely different, but Vista was such a POS anything was better. I am a 7 user at work and I think it will be around for a long time in the manufacturing environment.

Guys,

Nothin'? Nobody?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BalckJack Hydros

I've been on Windows 10 since it was released. When you go to set it up make sure you use custom settings and not "express setup" that way you can turn off any of the "features" you don't like.

Jim,

That's just it: I'm not versed enough to know what I will and won't like until it's too late. I know I love W7. Is the "custom setup" fairly intuitive and let you know what you're turning off and/or leaving on?

Another question: If I've got "issues" with my current OS (read: unwanted, "incidental" installations, plaguing productive operation
default_rolleyes.gif
), will updating to W10 eliminate said issues?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Guys,

Anybody feeling any better about W10 yet?

I keep getting the notice to upgrade, and I've got a few issues with my current OS (W7HP). It's time to do something, but I don't really want to fork over $200 for an install disk that MS is saying they are soon discontinuing support for, nor do I want to go through what I've read about W10.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

I down loaded Windows 10 a month ago and haven't experienced any problems. I had Windows 8.

JD

This is not the case for most but I use a mouth stick to operate my computers and race boats due to my disability. I purchased a computer with Windows 10 and had to return it because using the number pad I use as a mouse simply did not work out for numerous reasons. It was basically a bad upgrade by Microsoft. I tried out Windows 8.1 from someone so I knew and learned it would work out well before buying another new computer. The adjustments of speed and overall use was great. When it comes time to purchase another computer either Microsoft will need to redevelop the software or I will have to buy an Apple computer from the research I have done.

Funny, I've been getting those persistent Windows 10 pop-up's for months now (usually upon logging-in), begging me to install the upgrade. Like most, I usually just delete them, one-after-another.

However, the last few weeks these pop-up's now have a new built-in auto-upgrade "script" (with a 15 minute count-down), consequently if you don't disable the pop-up it will shut-down your PC and automatically deploy the Windows 10 installation.

So, earlier today, I was on my computer for a little while, stepped away for maybe 30 minutes, came back and the Windows 10 installation was in-progress! Whoa sh*t! So I stood by, scared, patiently, and watched (what else could I do?
default_blink.png
)

One thing, the screen instructions state that: "don't worry about your files, just make sure any in-progress work be saved". So, after approx. 75min, the new Windows 10 interfaced launched. Wow! It works!

I'm still getting used to the new layout as I speak. Essentially you can pretty much operate in the same manner as Windows 7, however there are quite a number of new aspects and functions to understand. I'm happy so far
default_smile.png

I would go back to Windows 7 in a blink if I could, performed flawlessly. I used to build my own PCs but recently things got so cheap it was easier to just order a pre built box from Dell when I felt the need to upgrade. Windows 7 came pre-loaded with no disc so I'm basically screwed and will have to ride out this W10 fiasco until MS works out all the bugs. Geeez it's like a flashback to Windows '98.............
default_mad.gif
I have the Windows 7 disk Don. Give me a call I'll send them your way.

Funny, I've been getting those persistent Windows 10 pop-up's for months now (usually upon logging-in), begging me to install the upgrade. Like most, I usually just delete them, one-after-another.

However, the last few weeks these pop-up's now have a new built-in auto-upgrade "script" (with a 15 minute count-down), consequently if you don't disable the pop-up it will shut-down your PC and automatically deploy the Windows 10 installation.

So, earlier today, I was on my computer for a little while, stepped away for maybe 30 minutes, came back and the Windows 10 installation was in-progress! Whoa sh*t! So I stood by, scared, patiently, and watched (what else could I do?
default_blink.png
)

One thing, the screen instructions state that: "don't worry about your files, just make sure any in-progress work be saved". So, after approx. 75min, the new Windows 10 interfaced launched. Wow! It works!

I'm still getting used to the new layout as I speak. Essentially you can pretty much operate in the same manner as Windows 7, however there are quite a number of new aspects and functions to understand. I'm happy so far
default_smile.png

Whoa sh*t, wait till the bill "pops up".
default_ohmy.png
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
liking Windows 10 so far, pretty neat. Like how you can sync iPhone images, for example- any new images (taken from phone) automatically show-up on my PC (via- Explorer)

PS: so far no bill from MicroSoft
default_smile.png

My new puter has Windows 10 installed. Took some getting use too, but it works very good. Has some neat features. One I like is the fact that you can reset the puter back to original condition w/o doing the restore program which doesn't always cure any trouble you might have.

For those that are having trouble with Windows 10, there is a book out that actually is like an owners manual. Wife was having trouble with her new laptop and, after looking up the function she couldn't get to work, she found the answer and has had no further issues. I can post the book's name when I get home if anyone wants it

Don't mess with Best Buy Geek Squad in the store. Best Buy Geek Squad Elite (1-800-433-5778) & the Elite Membership with total tech support solved all my Windows 10 problems.

Jim Allen

Thy want you to buy a new computer. That is the end game. I bit the bullet and got a whole new set up. Figure I will be good for 10 years now ......well may be....LOL
HP all-in-one system with touch screen. Only 1 wire to the thing and that is the power wire. Every thing else is wireless. my old printer even hook up wireless.... was $1000 for it but was worth every penny.
Has a complete Excell system loaded in it and newest Windows 10 Fast as stink and with Google Chrome all my files are accessible from any device when you log in to Google Chrome.
I still have know idea what all it can do.....LOL
Time to step up to the future. It will not wait for you........
O and I got it at Best Buy with advice from the YOUNG kid selling them. Figured he was up on all this new stuff.........

Back