Burning CDs, run into a problem......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Ok all you music rippin' & burnin' gurus, need some help. Trying to burn some copies of music CDs and I've run into a problem not had previously. The last time I made a couple copies I ran Windows XP and just saved the music from the CD on the PC, used Windows Media Player and burned copies that worked great in my GM vehicles. Now I've got a newer PC running Windows 7 and tried the same thing using Windows Media Player .... and they don't work. They play in the PC but when they go into the vehicle's factory CD changer all it does is cue up track 1 and there is nothing there. All that is there is a very long but blank track 1 even though on the PC all the tracks are there and play correctly. Tried different brands of blank CDs and no difference, anyone seen or experienced this? Do I need some type of "aftermarket" CD burning software with Windows 7 to make these things work in my GM vehicles? This is frustrating as I've wasted about 10 blanks so far trying to sort this out..........

Last edited by a moderator:
I've kind of run into the same problem lately Don, I can transfer music to PC but making copies is now a problem. I'm getting the same results- wasted blank CD's.

Yes but I have older laptop that is XP- I'll give that one a try Don. Let you know how that works.

Just made a few copies with the old XP and they worked like a champ in the Silverado. Same blanks that would not work with windows 7.

Don

check to the format that the software is burning the music to. Should be MP3. I'm not familiar with window7 but I think that is why your music won't play in the vehicle. The new version of the media player is changing the software format to a version that your vehicle player doesn't recognize.

Scott

There is an option for various music formats. You have to choose one that is recognized by the system in your vehicle.

Anthony & Scott,

That makes sense as there was no issues on the previous version of WMP on the XP platform. I'll check that when I get home.
default_smile.png

Don,

Check to make sure you are burning and AUDIO CD, and not a data cd. You may be dropping MP3's onto a disc and trying to play them in a player that doesn't recognize MP3's. Just a thought.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

Ok gang think I got this whipped, here's the deal- when using Windows 7 (and anything newer I'll assume) Windows Media Player (WMP) no longer defaults to audio CDs, it now defaults to data CD/DVD (thanks Brad for getting me looking in this direction). Once you've opened the Burn tab you need to click on the small Burn options drop down box right under the Sync tab on the upper right hand area of the screen and choose audio CD each time you use WMP. When you close out WMP the next time you open it you need to be sure it did not default back to data CD/DVD, so far for me it has defaulted back about 1 out of 3 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

Been running W7 for about two years now and burning CD's the whole time.
default_wink.png

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

Back