Wildthing ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcguy76

just ordered the plans for the wildthing and was reading a old RCBM article on the speedmaster 21. mono and noticed the downward air channel on the front/top of the hull to help air flow over the engine. Since I am going to copy the plans onto ACAD (so I can print out bulkhead templated, ect on stickyback) any design changes are pretty simply.

Is this air tunnel any real value to the design since I dont see it being any problem constructing it???

Does anyone owning a speedmaster mono know the dimensions of the tunnel (length, width and depth)

Thanks for any help you all can be.

Chris

whats the average length of a turn fin from the bottom of the transom to the end of the fin?

There are 2 different channels now made for the Speedmaster 21. The original design was made for Rossi, Nova Rossi and other "front" and side exhaust engines. The newest design is made for MAC type engines that have the shallower channel so that the carbs aren't exposed to any water coming in the channel.

The dimensions for the original channel are 2-1/8" wide and 3/4" deep with a slight taper at the bottom. The second one is probably the same width and maybe less than half the depth. Mine is one of the earliest ones and I've seen some slight variations over time, mostly with the inner lip.

The reason for the channel to to get more cooling air to the head. If it has any aerodynamic advantage, I don't know.

I guy named Bob Morton made a wild thimg with a channel I have a pic of it if you what to see it. I think Bob is a member of the site if not I have his e-mail address

Dave Van Duzer

[email protected]

I will try put post pic on the site

Back