Wildthing 21 mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
I have a 21 WT mono that seems to oversteer way to easy. I have dialed out the steering to the point im scared I don't have enough and it's still erratic. I'm using a speedmaster 21 rudder 3.125 inches from transom to leading edge, 2.5 inches from keel to bottom of blade. Any suggestions, ie move forward, shorten blade. John F. feel free to chime in, did'nt get a chance to disscuss at Chesapeake. Thanks Ray B) B)

Is the rudder to the right of the prop or behind it? If it is behind the prop, that's the problem.
John, The leading edge of rudder is even with the back of the prop. How far forward sould I move it. Its set up just as article says. Maybe this F.R.O.G. has to retake his driving test. :lol: :lol: Thanks Ray

The location from the transom is right on. I was talking about the rudder being in the prop blast. My second thought is that the turn fin is not parallel to the keel. That will do funny things in the corners too.

Back