WI FE Race, The Sardine Classic July 16-17

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drobie

This year, once again the lead sponsor is Fuller Fast Electrics. Thanks Ray.

Unsolicited comments from 2004 racers:

For more information follow click on this link: The Sardine Classic home page

------------------------------------------------------------------

“I have been talking to a good number of the guys that attended the Sardine Classic race. (A lot of guys call us on the way home to tell us of their exploits)

Everyone has exactly the same thing to say. "Great time", "You have to go", "certainly one of the top races I have ever been to", " very well run" and "awesome site".

Congratulations on your success! You put on one of the best races ever held in North America. Thanks for letting us be a part of it.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

“I just received my pictured plaque and Sardine Classic tee shirt. I never expected the plaque. What a nice surprise!! Not to put down any of the other big races but the guys running the Sardine Classics are covering all the bases with the treatment they give to racers and sponsors! Definitely count me in for next year as a sponsor. My only regret is not being able to show up in person to meet everyone.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“The Wisconsin crew is the epitome of class. Couldn't have asked for a better time.

Special thanks to Andy Kunz for running the show both days. It's too bad that someone couldn't make a good living being a professional CD for these events because if the job were open for the taking my vote would be for Andy.

Finally - thanks to Doug Robichaud for organizing a fantastic event. I think if Doug hadn't excelled in his current profession he could have been a professional party planner - his sense of organization scares me!

I know that Doug made many sacrifices over the past few months to get this event to come off as well as it did. Those sacrifices didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated.

See ya next year.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

“Absolutely the best event I've attended!

- First class race site - calm water, grass sides, permanent drivers stand and launch area.

- First class CD. Andy was superb at it!

- Nice big protected shelter with electricity and overhead lights

- Beverages and food provided - along with sunblock, painkillers, mosquito repellent!

- Great prizes, trophies etc.

Can't say enough about Drobie's work and hospitality to pull off a great event!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I want to also thank everyone involved in the preparations and execution of a "Classic" FE racing event. As a charter member (just a few rough edges last year) there were tremendous improvements over last year (hey we even got a group photo and beautiful weather this year!). For those who were unable to attend, here are just a few of the high points in my mind:

- Great facility (shelter with power and lights), tables, chairs, hospitality tent (well stocked).

- Great hospitality. The entire MAFE group were very welcoming and great hosts.

- Great Weather- save for a bit of wind on day one, the weather was absolutely spectacular.

- Great camaraderie- everyone with very open with setup advise, willing to lend a prop or a bit of advice

- Great awards, prizes, and local support

- Great CD- very well run show. Thanks Andy for keeping everyone moving along...made for a great pace both days.

- Great local support (turn marshalls and timers) thanks to the swim team and local hobby shops and friends

- Great Racing- some world records on some of the fastest water in the mid-west !!!

Special thanks to Doug R. and Kathy for opening up their home to a bunch of out-of- towners for a wonderful dinner.

Thanks to DougP and Sandy for taking care of the lunches, all the provisions. It really made the weekend. Alot of work...but much appreciated !

Thanks to John for ZZag race, and the rest of the MAFE members for a great time.

This has raised the bar some more for [other races]!!! Looking forward to some more racing this summer....and already excited about MAZO 2005 !”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Congrats on the race. It has received the best feedback I've heard to date”.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has all been said earlier, but I wanted to join the multitude of cheering racers. I had a great time, hassle free (except for my boats), friendly competition and all around good time. The Wisconsin guys are tops and Drobie's efforts truly Herculean in putting on this great show.

Thanks to you all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big thanks to Doug and his wife for dinner. All who attended were great. Big thanks to Charlie Toms. Look foward to next year. Best race yet !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pagemaster said:
Hey I want to be paid for my Comment!  :D
105612[/snapback]

Way to go Steven. Names were removed to protect the innocent. :p :p

Back