Who's running RTR boats in NC?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piper_chuck

I live a bit south of Chapel Hill. I know Bill is a bit south of Lumberton and I believe has a few friends in that area. Mike is in the Greenville area. There are a few others I know of in eastern and western NC, hopefully they'll chime in. Who else have we got?

My club is in Greensboro. I also have permission to run during the off season at the day use area of one of the campgrounds on Jordan Lake. This site is great because it's got a picnic shelter and tables, grills, paved parking, and a cleared shoreline. It's just not setup for big races.

Let's find a time we can all get together to run our boats. It could be in Greensboro, near me, or somewhere else. One possible date is Jan 10. There's a club meeting in Greensboro. These usually only last an hour or two. If the weather's good, people could run before and after the meeting...

Chuck, Looks like a big ole Nobody! On a side note i sent my entry in to the Race in Atlanta. I just hope it does not fill up before my entry gets there!

I have a few RTR boats, live in Salisbury. There are several others around here that run them too. I just got accepted in the forum and I see it's a little late for your date, but I would be interested in a little friendly racing maybe at a later date.

Welcome to IW Ronnie. It's too bad you missed the meeting, it would have been a good chance to meet and several members ran boats after the meeting.

I've updated the PTPT calendar with our club race days. Our next club day is March 15. The main focus of that day will be to get the pond ready for the race season. We spend part of the day getting the pond ready for racing and when we're done spend some time running.

Where do you guys run and how often do you get together?

We run almost every weekend. And we either get together at my house where I have a small pond or go to a friend's house where we run in a 14 acre pond.

Hey, Could we come over and run with you guys? Just how big is that 14 acre pond ???????We are over here in Raleigh, about four of us. We run a combo of nitro and gas. Would enjoy meeting up with some other NC boaters!

You are welcome to come to my house any time we are running, it's the smaller pond. I still run a shockwave 55 and a blackjack 55 in it, but it may be a little tight. It's the perfect size for our 1/12 hydros which makes for some great racing. We are running Vegas's, proboat hydros, and a couple of us have some new Miss Emily shovel nose hydros.

But either way, I will check with him about this and see when we could have a little bigger get-together. may want to wait for some warmer weather. I also need to take the time to measure out and set some bouys at the big pond. I want to have some set like they are supposed to be so I can practice. I will post here and let you guys know something.

If the pond in the video is the smaller one , its perfect tunnel pond . thats awesome

Ed

You ought to come on out Sat and run with us.....I'll have my Lap Cat II and no one else has tunnel boats.

Hey, Could we come over and run with you guys? Just how big is that 14 acre pond ???????We are over here in Raleigh, about four of us. We run a combo of nitro and gas. Would enjoy meeting up with some other NC boaters!
Sounds like we're gonna have to do a road trip sometime soon. If you don't mind, swing by and pick up me and my trailer. :D

You ought to come on out Sat and run with us.....I'll have my Lap Cat II and no one else has tunnel boats.
Would love to . Have to wait until it warms up a little and I'm not to busy with work to get my stuff ready. We'll have to keep in touch

Thanks Ed

Here are the boats from Saturday'

2173548920046926599S600x600Q85.jpg

Back