Well it looks like its time to get off my butt and start a new gas boat club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offshoremodels

Hope this is not out of line for this forum just know there are some here that can help

email [email protected]

Well it looks like its time to get off my butt and start a new gas boat club here in district 1. I keep beating up some of the guys left from the old club in my area with not much success. Not that they don't want to see this, just tired of trying I guess. So after a few long talks with the district 1 directors it seems as if its time for a new beginning.

I am very much into nitro as well as gas and there is a good site and bunch of guys for the nitro racing part here in my district. So I think there needs to be a good gas club here also. This venture is in no way to undermine the Elmira, Buffalo or Rochester clubs, which are both gas and nitro, but to enhance the gas racing scene here in New York. I am going to try and work with the Elmira bunch of guys to use there site if need be until we get water here.

I have a meeting next weekend with three of the officers for district 1 Ted Dauphnee, Mike Neal and Randy Rapedius. They are meeting me at my shop to work out some of the details and see what we can do to help district 1. I am looking forward to talking and hanging out with these guys, hell I may even spring for lunch!

I am also looking forward to getting a new club started ASAP for the western New York. I will need members that are willing to participate in gas racing and some good "old fun running picnic type days." This will help stir up interest and get some old members back into the racing scene. I know there are allot of boats sitting getting dusty and the owners are just a nudge away from getting back into it.

I am also making plans to hold an all gas race some time in August or September. This race will be sponsored by Offshore Models and in conjunction with the club I am trying to start. I plan to hold this race here in my area as long as things go well. Elmira would be a great site for this if we don't get a new site before then. I will need your help, talk to friends and let them know what I am trying to do. Please, if you are interested in being part of this, email me I would be glad to hear from you.

There will be a district 1 web site online in the next few weeks this site will support gas and nitro clubs if they want to be part of this new site.

I am also trying to come up with a good name for the new club, Please email any suggestion you may have.

Hi Eddy.

It's great that you are forming a new club. IMPBA District 1 is growing. Our newly formed ''Northern Lights MBC'' from Ontario now has 27 members and 2 pond locations. Like you said, there are boats out there and all it takes is a little organization and they will come. I have seen it first hand with our club. It will take a little time however, it is worth it. See you on Sunday.

Randy

Latest posts

Back