Who sells Lexan by the sheet?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerdavis

Anyone know where i can get Lexan by the sheet? I want to use it for radio box cover instead of plexiglass. Thanks, Roger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know where i can get Lexan by the sheet? I want to use it for radio box cover instead of plexiglass. Thanks, Roger.

Lexan is what I use Roger. Parma sells .020 -.060 that I know of. 8X10" sheets. I buy mine from RC BOYZ in Salt Lake City. Utah.

Glenn

What section of the store do you find Lexan at home depot? I got one of those store 6 miles away. Roger.

Building supplies they willl have sheets of plastic and lexan just ask them where they have it in your store.

Roger, Forgot to mention Polycarbonate is the generic name for Lexan Less brittle than plexiglass.

Glenn

I was able to get some from Mcaster Carr. Home Depot did not have the selection that I needed.

Mike

Roger, I get mine off of e-bay-RC BOYZ sells the Parma brand on there. Another place to try is the yellow pages. When I lived in Nor-Cal There was a place called Tap plastics-found it in the phone book. They would sell small pieces(cut-offs) all different colors- cheap.

Glenn

I got mine from Ace hardware in the back where they fix screens and windows. They gave me a couple pieces of cutoffs from jobs they did. They also sell it in large sheets.

I use a clear plastic 4 x 5 weld lens. They are flexable, easy to cut, and can take a lot of abuse. They also make good wind shields.

DonB

I finally made it to Home Depot on my one day off a week (Sunday) and they had all kinds of Lexan sheets. Thanks guys, i know where to get the thicker stuff cheap. Only problem was, i need really thin stuff for a couple of proboat project. I cut a lid up from the wifes tupperware for know (almost got my butt kicked when she found out). Glenn Do you have a phone number for them RC BOYZ. I need some really thin stuff. Roger

Back