who makes cowls?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input guys. I do appreciate it, good or bad.

For the record, we only use imported bugs and the highest quality ashes in our products...
default_tongue.png

Darryl, I think what you are seeing are small areas in the inside of the cowls where there is a little more resin.
When cloth is saturated, it is invisible.

The cowl can't be made without cloth. .025 thick resin would be easily punctured with your finger. We use 2 layers of 8 ounce cloth on the 45 cowl.

I understand that this is not a $140 vacuum infused, carbon/Kevlar layup. That's not what we do.

This cowl is made for our $79 kit.

We would put our $24 fiberglass cowling up against any other.

Joe

I have no issues with Joe's cowl's, he offers product at a good price, unlike most, and generally has it in stock unlike waiting 4-5 weeks or longer. I never seen a carbon cowl make a boat any faster, just more expensive. Just saying...

Shows a good man to reply Joe so i appreciate that!! There has never ever been any complaints about the boats the hardware or your service! 10 out of 10 in my book! Always has been least you send to Australia! Thanks again for the winning products

Thanks for the input guys. I do appreciate it, good or bad.

For the record, we only use imported bugs and the highest quality ashes in our products...
default_tongue.png

Darryl, I think what you are seeing are small areas in the inside of the cowls where there is a little more resin.

When cloth is saturated, it is invisible.

The cowl can't be made without cloth. .025 thick resin would be easily punctured with your finger. We use 2 layers of 8 ounce cloth on the 45 cowl.

I understand that this is not a $140 vacuum infused, carbon/Kevlar layup. That's not what we do.

This cowl is made for our $79 kit.

We would put our $24 fiberglass cowling up against any other.

Joe
Joe- your service and products are great for our hobby, and I surely appreciated your phone time regarding the turn fin matter.

As far as your cowl 'ingredients', well, see attachment...

Thanks again, for everything.

Regards-

Tim

13250486_1215211735186001_1530089469_n.jpg

I also make cowls but I have very little time to do it and sometimes my primary business and family takes over so I'll say up front that I can't get them done quickly . I still have Roger hooks Sr.'s cowl in the mold from a long time ago ! Sorry Roger ! Send me your address please .

Are the cowls mentioned in this thread suitable for dd motors? Is there clearance above the carb?
I have use Zippkits 45 cowl with NR 46 DD & it works,but a little tight for stock carb at the top & carb linkage is tight also..may need to reshape carb control arm. My driver tested the rigger with the cowl & ran great. Oh & the cowl is cool looking & I didn't run it stock,I trimmed the back end off some for a better look on my outrigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I missed your post Ed. Yes I make cowls for the KEP's 45 and 2 different ones for the 21 ( one front and one rear exhaust style ) I make them in glass cloth and epoxy not gel coat polyester and mat. Makes it a lot lighter and stronger. Cowls are reinforced at the front and rear. Greg Wannamker mite have his all fitted up on his T2 that I built for him but I am not sure what motor he was going to run? Maybe he will send a picture Here is a picture of the 45 E-glass cowl I made, most all cowls are swappable if made longer and wider so they can be trimmed to fit.$45 for E-glass plus shipping,

Brad

DSC_0831.JPG

DSC_0834.JPG

DSC_0836.JPG

Sorry I missed your post Ed. Yes I make cowls for the KEP's 45 and 2 different ones for the 21 ( one front and one rear exhaust style ) I make them in glass cloth and epoxy not gel coat polyester and mat. Makes it a lot lighter and stronger. Cowls are reinforced at the front and rear. Greg Wannamker mite have his all fitted up on his T2 that I built for him but I am not sure what motor he was going to run? Maybe he will send a picture Here is a picture of the 45 E-glass cowl I made, most all cowls are swappable if made longer and wider so they can be trimmed to fit.$45 for E-glass plus shipping,

Brad
Doesnt much matter which of Brads cowls you choose. The traditional Niklas KEPS design has tons of room, Brads latest and more sleek design still has tons of room for your drum designed motors. My KEPS 45 was originally to house an AA45 drum design but now holds a CMB 45 EVO RS. Piece of cake to fit. Ive always asked Brad to make up CF versions, I like the strength of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back