Whiplash 45 Strut Depth

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Knesek

I'm finally going to run my Whiplash 45 in the morning but I can't find any reference to strut depth in the instructions. Can anyone give me a good starting point?

Joe

Set it at 1.00 from the bottom of the boat to the center of the shaft and go from there.

Dave Roach

Drop the strut a little and add some negative. Pay attention to the transom and see if it is "sticking" to the water. You must have enough lift in the prop to lift the transom. I run an X450/3 with great success. Did you put your radio box up front?

Drop the strut a little and add some negative. Pay attention to the transom and see if it is "sticking" to the water. You must have enough lift in the prop to lift the transom. I run an X450/3 with great success. Did you put your radio box up front?
Brian,

Understand I only have 5 runs on the boat. It launches fine & it has a good attitude until the fuel burns off and then it gets loose. I ran a pitched up X450/2 with the strut flat at 1.00 inch deep because I didn't have a sharpened X450/3. The radio box is not in the front but I do have a compartment to add weight in the nose if needed. The dry CG is at 19 inches from the transom and I have metal fuel tanks on each just behind the CG.

Brian,

Understand I only have 5 runs on the boat. It launches fine & it has a good attitude until the fuel burns off and then it gets loose. I ran a pitched up X450/2 with the strut flat at 1.00 inch deep because I didn't have a sharpened X450/3. The radio box is not in the front but I do have a compartment to add weight in the nose if needed. The dry CG is at 19 inches from the transom and I have metal fuel tanks on each just behind the CG.
Put a 3 blade on and see what happens. It sounds like you are close. Paul Pachmeyer just went 86mph with an electrified whiplash sport40 for an official IMPBA record. Just a matter of time for the 20 size to hit 100mph. Keep us posted!

Brian

Latest posts

Back