Whip 20 Help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim leyde

Rigging up my Whip. Was wondering if anyone had pictures of thier radio box? Want to see how the throttle servo and third channel servo fit in. What kind/size servos;

Any starting point/set up is appreciated. Strut is mounted under hull if that matters.

Thanks

TL

I'd help you out but I just took everything off of the boat I'm building. It's going to paint.

I'm using Micro servos for everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the radio box figured out. Just wondering a way to run the throttle linkage with a front exhaust motor.

I'd help you out but I just took everything off of the boat I'm building. It's going to paint.

I'm using Micro servos for everything.
Does a micro servo have enough torque to handle the rudder? I know the micro has plenty for the throttle and remote needle, the rudder concerns me a bit

I did use a standard with 133oz for the rudder. Micro for the rest. Can never be too safe.

I did use a standard with 133oz for the rudder. Micro for the rest. Can never be too safe.
I used a standard last year with 47oz of torque. It did fine. I was trying to free up some more room. I'm ussing a HS225MG for the rudder. If it don't work out its no big deal change to a standard.

The exhaust on the one I'm building is a rear exhaust.

I used a 225MG for steering with on problem, HS82MG for throttle and third channel, Used a bellcrank system through the wall for the throttle.Had the two 82's stacked together facing opposite directions with the third channel going straight out the front, Lost the pics on my old laptop. Set up worked great.

Tim, the boat i have which is also stripped apart used a rod out the back of the box to a crank (servo horn in this case screwed to a block of wood) which then had a rod going forward off that for the carby

Back