Which Tunnel?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOTOboat

HI Guys,

I've seen some of the more infamous Tunnel guys on this page so I'll ask a queston I hope they will answer.

I'm interested in building a fast, fun tunnel. I (will) have a lawless unit I just bought a Hi- jack engine mount and am ording Brushless power from Fine design.

Bit of an outboard nut, hopeless perfectionist (their's got to be a little more).

I am looking at upgrading to a better hull but am struggling to pick one. I have three in mind. Winter project...

Retailer/Product

1) Fine Design - Skater Formula One

- Advantage - Purchasing most of my "Stuff from Chris". Looks like a good hull. Chris will help dial in via pictures

2) BBY - OPC from BBY (Carbon?)

- Long tunnel history, also good assitance dialing in

3) AquaCraft - TopSpeed 2

- Good value for the money (How does it perform compared to the above?)

The best dollar value has to be the TOPSPEED 2 but I'd like to hear form you, what 24" to 30" inch tunnel has the best "overall performance". What are thier advantages/disadvantages

What balance between

- Speed

- Tunning (Left and right)

- Acceleration

Appreciate you insight, hard to tell the quality of hulls by pictures alone

MOTOboat

How about a Nemesis from Mike? A true kit, with the center spine(download manual) a battery pack will fit nicely on either side of the center spine. I bought one and was at first intending to go Neu Motor 1515 1.5Y on 18 cells. BUT it will be nitro, maybe a second one will be built with electric brushless for comparison. I feel that the exposed wood just looks way COOL!!!! Or the Villian kit from climate models?

Doug

MOTOboat,

A nicely build tunnel can get you on the podium even if its not the fastest.

A lot depends on the setup and how well you can drive it if you are in competition.

Otherwise ther is only you who can decide what you like.

I drive nitro tunnels, didn't like the graupner with osmax , but do like my Villain with K&B. Still have to try the Lynx.

A fast acceleration will not give topspeed, turning is a matter of a lot of steering angle on the engine and if the boat can handle it. So it comes down to the setup of all parts combined.

Ronald.

moron said:
MOTOboat,A nicely build tunnel can get you on the podium even if its not the fastest.

A lot depends on the setup and how well you can drive it if you are in competition.

Otherwise ther is only you who can decide what you like.

I drive nitro tunnels, didn't like the graupner with osmax , but do like my Villain with K&B. Still have to try the Lynx.

A fast acceleration will not give topspeed, turning is a matter of a lot of steering angle on the engine and if the boat can handle it. So it comes down to the setup of all parts combined.

Ronald.

114882[/snapback]

All the items you outline are accurate. I guess from the experianced folks. I'm trying to acertain.

Why

$99 for the Top Speed 2?

$ 199 for the Skater F1?

$ 250 for the HTB-260?

If I'm going to spend 150 to 250 for a boat. Sometimes it's better to spend the extra 50 to 100 the first time.

Curious

MOTOboat

MOTOboat,

Since you are very new on this forum, look for some older postings on the boats you mentioned.

Over here in the Netherlands we say that quality has its price...

Ronald.

i would say a jd wof 30 very nice boat fast with cmb and spp pipe on it dosent mide a bit of chop and easy 2 fix if u crash it

laters dion

Moto,

How many cells and what motor?

on 12 cells the Skater can be made to run well, so can a Villain S1 and the BBY Tunnel looks different and could probably run well (i had one but never ran it)

Kris

moron said:
MOTOboat,Since you are very new on this forum, look for some older postings on the boats you mentioned.

Over here in the Netherlands we say that quality has its price...

Ronald.

114915[/snapback]

Couldn't find anything on the Skater F1 or the HTB-260

the villian from grimracer.com runs great if you are confident in building a wood kit. with wood you can get razor sharp edges easier than abs or fg.

Just my 2 cents...

The Nemesis hull looks like it would be awesome for electric. Super light weight, low CG and a polycarb cowl that gives you a lot more room to work with.

Nemesisproto32.JPG

The Nemesis is sold by Power Surge Racing. Michael Zaborowski and the phone No. 1-715-834-3298.

Dave Roach

Back