Which o/b to purchse for .21 stock class ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi all a friend is interested in racing in stock .21 tunnel class .Which .21 outboard nowadays is the one to buy ? . Regards Andris Golts.

I would go with the OS it is easer to get and to get parts for .
I also would say the OS, even though if you find a used k&b it will be cheaper but as people keep running them the parts become fewer and fewer and harder to find.

Cliff

I would go with the OS it is easer to get and to get parts for .
I also would say the OS, even though if you find a used k&b it will be cheaper but as people keep running them the parts become fewer and fewer and harder to find.

Cliff

K&B is now manufactured by Mecoa, great parts availability as well as brand new engines. Parts are cheaper then OS, which is good because you will need them, more with the K&B then the OS.

K&B is a great engine but really needed to be hand fit as their tolerances were all over the place. Also their output shaft wears out after the first run. Sloppy play in that department. They can be made to scream when piped…for years I liked them a lot.

I started running OS last year. Big difference right out of the box. I still haven’t worn out the output shaft….no slop after a full season of racing. I got spare parts but haven’t needed to use any. I am running mine with a pipe and that took some timing changes to bring up the performance but out of the box the stock the OS is hands down faster then the K&B.

Starting for square one I would tell your friend to go with the OS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all a friend is interested in racing in stock .21 tunnel class .Which .21 outboard nowadays is the one to buy ? . Regards Andris Golts.

Hi Guy i preffers OS over K&B, TT, and i owned all, OS is Relibility, excelent performance and part availability, go VS1 + OS is great combination.

Good Luck

Hi Guy i preffers OS over K&B, TT, and i owned all, OS is Relibility, excelent performance and part availability, go VS1 + OS is great combination.

Good Luck
OS is the only one I would use. Keith Wicks

Good Luck
OS is the only one I would use. Keith Wicks
i have 2 nib ones left ... 300.00 each

tk

dittos to the o.s..Iam just building a 21 lynx and have a new o.s for it..cant wait to try it...hurry up spring I need to burn some nitro!!

Back