Which carb to a Nova 5-port?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.

Is the standard carb any good? If not, wich do you suggest?
Hi Lundahl, I mod a lot of the stock carbs and folks seen to be very happy with them (and I use them myself). I charge $25 and the mod gets rid of the low speed needle, 1/2 of the spraybar, and the entire high speed/remote needle assembly. You will need to run either an inline or remote needle after the mod.

Glenn

Hi.

I found the problem yesterday. There was a problem with the low-speed needle. Below 50% opening in the card no flow through it (The low-speed needle whas fully opend). I checkt the other one a have and there was no problem, nice flow all the time.

A have cut of the high-speed neelde one the carb with problems. So I have to cut the low-speed needel of and see if it will work then.

Thanks for our answers.

Fredrik.L

The factory Nova carb works just as well as any I have tried, and better then most if it has been massaged by Mr. Geraghty or Mr. Wood.

Last edited by a moderator:
OS 21 D (from the OS.21VZ-M)

OS 20 J (from the OS.21 XM)

Both work fine, but in my opinion the 20J it´s much more easy to tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OS 21D needs A LOT of work to run properly on more than 30% nitro........ guess how I know :lol:

oh, My new friend :lol: I guessed right too :D ,and don't listen to Larry up there, he's still just testing.
The Rex 350 in my Yellow Speedmaster has a 20J on it, I "tested" it with a Zoom and and the boat didn't run faster.better or pull more prop so the 20J went back on, and now I will be "testing" the Zoom on some of my other hull/engine combinations. :p

oh, My new friend :lol: I guessed right too :D ,and don't listen to Larry up there, he's still just testing.
The Rex 350 in my Yellow Speedmaster has a 20J on it, I "tested" it with a Zoom and and the boat didn't run faster.better or pull more prop so the 20J went back on, and now I will be "testing" the Zoom on some of my other hull/engine combinations. :p
Larry, send the Zoom carb back to me and I will correct the "Mods" that were done to your carb and you WILL see a difference.

Charles

Back