Where's Curtiss Leggett's Riggers and Baja Buggy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel's Racing

Vendor
Posted for Freind Curtiss Leggett in hopes he can get what he paid for and someone else doesn't get burned by the same people.

He has chose not to name them but sure won't be hard to figure who we are talking to by the offending party reading it.

*** EDIT: He is referring to dealings with Andy Brown at CMDI****

In SEPTEMBER of last year "08"I drove more than 600 miles round trip to the manufacturer and paid in full, up front, in person with a check of more than $7000.00) for (4)four riggers with the entent of purchacing (2)two more when they were ready;I was even going to supply the engines at cost for those (2)two through my store "LEGGETT'S R/C FUN STORE" located here in JAX. FL. we would have been the only store in the world carrying these boats! The potential was there; I don't under stand it. Not only that I made the mistake of leaving my 1/5 scale BAJA 5b all chromed out with him, all never to be seen or heard from again. I don't want to mention his name or his company name in hopes that he will see this mesage and do the right thing.

At least a phone call or something. And to think, I was already a repeat customer of his before this happened. I am devistated! I never saw it coming!

I never thought in a million years that I would be in this position that I'm in now. I saw the boats in person in September and they were all ready to go then, minus a little hardware. He assured me then that all four would be ready to ship in two weeks. Well........still waiting...... now it has been almost one year still nothing. Just lies. It hurts and I need help! My business, like his- family owned & operated. Can his business afford to be "ripped off" for more than seven grand? "NO" who can in these economic times. Seven thousand dollars is to much money to turn my back on.

You know who you are, please call me!

Curtiss Leggett

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted for Freind Curtiss Leggett in hopes he can get what he paid for and someone else doesn't get burned by the same people.

He has chose not to name them but sure won't be hard to figure who we are talking to by the offending party reading it.

For others wondering,

Hint: Rigger builders is FLA.

In SEPTEMBER of last year "08"I drove more than 600 miles round trip to the manufacturer and paid in full, up front, in person with a check of more than $7000.00) for (4)four riggers with the entent of purchacing (2)two more when they were ready;I was even going to supply the engines at cost for those (2)two through my store "LEGGETT'S R/C FUN STORE" located here in JAX. FL. we would have been the only store in the world carrying these boats! The potential was there; I don't under stand it. Not only that I made the mistake of leaving my 1/5 scale BAJA 5b all chromed out with him, all never to be seen or heard from again. I don't want to mention his name or his company name in hopes that he will see this mesage and do the right thing.

At least a phone call or something. And to think, I was already a repeat customer of his before this happened. I am devistated! I never saw it coming!

I never thought in a million years that I would be in this position that I'm in now. I saw the boats in person in September and they were all ready to go then, minus a little hardware. He assured me then that all four would be ready to ship in two weeks. Well........still waiting...... now it has been almost one year still nothing. Just lies. It hurts and I need help! My business, like his- family owned & operated. Can his business afford to be "ripped off" for more than seven grand? "NO" who can in these economic times. Seven thousand dollars is to much money to turn my back on.

You know who you are, please call me!

Curtiss Leggett
CMDI ?? this is big who is it? i think i have ran into almost all the thieves i care to deal with in the last couple months online.. need to announce so we can stay away.. thanks

tk

Name some names, lets drag someone thru the mud like they do on the other toy boat site. For 7 grand, I'd make the drive. Can't you people handle your own problems? Whining on the internet won't get your money or your toys back. Stupid move to start with anyway, I can't understand why people are so anxious to buy stuff that hasn't been created yet.

Mike Byer

Believe there had been some trust built up from previous dealings that went well. Then paying up front and being a nice guy too long realizing the family

was going through health issues and other struggles with the business. Curtiss just recently found people are ordering boats and they are being delivered 3 weeks later so that stepped up the situation some and was hoping they would have enough self respect to at least make some arraingments to work on repaying what they owe him.

Daniel

having lived in n. fla. for 30 yrs., curtiss would have to have driven MUCH further than live oak to rack up 600 miles. jax. to live oak is more like 220 to 250 round trip, not 600..................

having lived in n. fla. for 30 yrs., curtiss would have to have driven MUCH further than live oak to rack up 600 miles. jax. to live oak is more like 220 to 250 round trip, not 600..................

Round trip? Could have been more than just one tripto the town and with mileage you mentioned. Wish this Curtis fellow would just say whats on his mind, name,who,where. On the JRCBD board 2 boat builders from FL. have posted it is not them. The guessing and hear-say is not good for anyone,some facts would be helpful.

just going by the original post "more than 600 miles round trip" - sounds like 1 round trip, but i wasn't riding shotgun, either........

No more beating around the bush. It is Andy Brown at CMDI that Curtiss is having problems getting his things from. Don't know about how far it is from Jacksonville

to CMDI but it could have been when Curtiss was working in South Florida a lot. I do not know.

He asked that I copy and post his thread from the other site. I did that for him. And decided to post the name on my own so innocent parties are not wrongfully under suspician.

i hope this issue get resolved, other companies and there friends have been banned for less.........

thanx for posting that. kinda suspected it was them, just the mileage thing was waaaay off from jacksonville. just saw a post where someone ordered a prop last week, got it in like 4 days. in stock stuff is going out. i know andy has done a lot for this hobby, & helped a lot of boaters over the years, but taking $ & not providing goods or explanations isn't cool - AT ALL. i know there has been health issues, & layoffs, not trying to trash him, or take sides, but dammit man, this ain't right. by not responding to people, & being very difficult to contact, just makes people ASSUME the worst. open communication & some positive actions would go a long way, imho.........

HAs Curtis tried calling lately? Andy has not been on IW since JAnuary 30, so bashing him here probably won't get his attention. I talked to Donna yesterday; she's hangining in there, and John is still recovering from his surgery, but making progress. Try calling and maybe he'll get some of the stuff he ordered. My experiences with CMDI have always been positive, though it sometimes does take some time to get someting if it is not in stock. I know all too well where he is coming from.

not trying to bash him, jon. i too have had nothing but good experiences with andy & cmdi. but, i have been trying to contact him for the last 2 months. pm's here, phone calls at all times of the day, & at the email listed on his website - with no luck or response.......just saying that not responding makes people think all the bad stuff, just (sadly) human nature. glad to hear that john brown's doing better :) , & hope andy can get squared away soon.

My comment about bashing was not directed at you, Robin, or at any person in particular, sorry if it seemed that way. These types of threads seem to turn into bash sessions very quickly. Mid way through the original post, Mr. Leggett stated that he hoped the vendor would see the note, and complete the transaction. That's like posting an ad in a newspaper, and hoping that the intended recipient reads it. Lots of people will see what is posted, but not perhaps the one person it was directed at. If you look up Andy's profile, he has not been online here (on the ID I have bookmarked) for 6 months.

I too have had difficulty geting through to the CMDI folks. I was pleasantly surprised to get Donna yesterday on the first call, with only about 6 rings. It is my experience to call the telephone number listed on the CMDI web site during business hours works best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this over on jrcbd ,posted by tricky rc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A LETTER FROM

ANDY B

Dear Curtiss,

You have posted false information about the four boats on a public forum. We sent All Four of the riggers to your painter.

About 2 months later he sent two back unpainted. For a long time I did not know what to do with those two as I did not hear from you.

In the mean time you called Donna and Ordered Three pullstart .15 boats. I talked to you about them and you said you were going to send engines for them. We started building the boats. I talked to you again about engines but never got any from you. Now I had investment in three boats that you appeared not to want. This was in the same time we were waiting the return of your four boats so we could rig them after the paint work.

You also dropped off your B5 buggy with drawings for parts you wanted me to make on the Mazak.

I began programing the parts. Then you decided the economy was getting too slow to do that project. You never came to pick up your buggy nor did you ask me to ship it back until many months later.

By the time I did find out what you planned to do with the two riggers that your painter sent back

we were not in a good position to finish them, because of sevre economic problems during the first half of 2009.

Furthermore, the $7000 you mention included over $2000 worth of hardware that you picked up that day in September.

So the reality is you had the Four ready to paint riggers (an $8000 value that I gave you for $5000) plus $2000 in hardware in your possesion since September 2008.

While at the same time I invested in Designing and Building three .15 pull start riggers that you did not follow though with.

I also progammed parts on the Mazak that you also backed out on.

I would suggest you remove your forum post.

Sincerily,

Andy Brown

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 11:15 PM

Subject: PROBLEM

Andy Brown

CURTIS LEGGETT

Sounds to me like andy and cmdi have completed what they should have.

I'm tired of bash threads....

This case is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back