Where to run in Katy Texas?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballistic Bob

Relocated to Katy Texas recently and I'm looking for the local ponds nearby. Heard Addicks Reservoir, but I don't have any other details.

Thanks

There is an all electric club that runs in Katy. HOTRCMBC or something like that. Other than that you would want to join up with the Lone Star club in Crosby. They hold 3-4 races a year and are a great bunch of guys.

I have met the guys from LSMBC and plan to join their club, but the pond is 50mi from my home. They mentioned that there is a pond nearby that I can use to test boats, so I'm just trying to get directions.

I have met the guys from LSMBC and plan to join their club, but the pond is 50mi from my home. They mentioned that there is a pond nearby that I can use to test boats, so I'm just trying to get directions.
Bob, the Katy guys are the Heart Of Texas Model Boat Club (HOTMBC). They are a great bunch of guys! You may try contacting them on the Rumrunner FE boat site.

Glenn

Bob, the Katy guys are the Heart Of Texas Model Boat Club (HOTMBC). They are a great bunch of guys! You may try contacting them on the Rumrunner FE boat site.

Glenn

Here's the link to the folks in Katy.

http://www.hotmbc.net/

Glenn/Russell - Thanks for all the info. I will get in touch with their club and see.

Bob

Hey Bob!

I'm a member of the HOTMBC club in Katy.

We meet the first and third Saturday of every month. We are very close by and we have two ponds registered for NAMBA members to run on. Normal meetings and events are in old Katy. The map on the website will direct you to the pond in the Victoria Lakes sub-division. We would love to have you join our group! The club and all our lakes are electric only (no gas or nitro because of the noise). The weather this weekend (Jan 9th) is supposed to be BRUTAL so we are discussing having a "by" for this weekend. E-mail me and I will send you my phone number, so you can contact me about this weekend or is you have any other questions. Check out our website at HOTMBC

Steve-O at [email protected]

Hey Bob!

We meet the first and third Saturday of every month. We are very close by and we have two ponds registered for NAMBA members to run on. Normal meetings and events are in old Katy. The map on the website will direct you to the pond in the Victoria Lakes sub-division. We would love to have you join our group! The club and all our lakes are electric only (no gas or nitro because of the noise). The weather this weekend (Jan 9th) is supposed to be BRUTAL so we are discussing having a "by" for this weekend. E-mail me and I will send you my phone number, so you can contact me about this weekend or is you have any other questions. Check out our website at HOTMBC

Hey Steve-o,

I checked out the link for directions to the lake and you guys are definitely close by. Once the weather improves, I'll swing by the pond one Sunday. Thanks for the info.

Bob

Hey Bob!

Hey Steve-o,

I checked out the link for directions to the lake and you guys are definitely close by. Once the weather improves, I'll swing by the pond one Sunday. Thanks for the info.

Bob
Bob,

We will be running this weekend in Katy.

We run on Saturdays from about 10:00 to about 4:00 and usually have lunch.

Come on by!

I havent gotten in touch with anyone yet, but would like to race, I'm into sport 40's 8th & sport 20 nitro. Down here In Brownsville Texas I just run my boats in the resaca's....

R.J, In Katy we only run FE, (Sorry! no Gas or Nitro).

If your in Brownsville you might try contacting Glenn Quarels (post above)

Although you still quite a distance from him I think your way closer to Glen that to Katy.

That being said if your in the Katy (W. Houston) area on the first or third Saturday of the month, come on by we would enjoy haveing you visit!

Regards,

Steve-O

Latest posts

Back