Where to buy?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i received my 2 nova rosi 35 plus 21,s today,, very impressed indeed.. i used to run macs and cmb 21, s but when i raced a few months back against mr ian , nitrocrazed with his nova . well , all as i can say is if he didnt fall over during the heat, i couldn,t catch him, and i had a andy brown moded mac running hot, so that why i changed,, the nova,s from rossi sales seem to be a one type of model and thats it,, i have never seen a frank orlic moded nova to date, but hear good reports about them,, pitty frank does not do the moding any more,,

im racing with arron from ozspec in january at the world challenge down here in sydney, australia,,

hopefully some of you americans come out with 21 riggers and even some frank orlic moded novas,,

arron, ian and i will be be glad to go head to head in the 21 rigger class , and see who,s hot and who,s not,, , just my 2 cents worth,,

nova 35 plus 21,, race one or chase one,, :D

i received my 2 nova rosi 35 plus 21,s today,, very impressed indeed.. i used to run macs and cmb 21, s but when i raced a few months back against mr ian , nitrocrazed with his nova . well , all as i can say is if he didnt fall over during the heat, i couldn,t catch him, and i had a andy brown moded mac running hot, so that why i changed,, the nova,s from rossi sales seem to be a one type of model and thats it,, i have never seen a frank orlic moded nova to date, but hear good reports about them,, pitty frank does not do the moding any more,,
im racing with arron from ozspec in january at the world challenge down here in sydney, australia,,

hopefully some of you americans come out with 21 riggers and even some frank orlic moded novas,,

arron, ian and i will be be glad to go head to head in the 21 rigger class , and see who,s hot and who,s not,, , just my 2 cents worth,,

nova 35 plus 21,, race one or chase one,, :D

Hey Lickety, what have you done with your MAC 21 and CMB if you don't mind me asking?? Still got 'em??? :D :D

Johno

WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: They look very very nice indeed, some great workmanship there for sure

Thanks for posting the pics of the internals Ian

I'd like to see how you deal with that style of crankshaft when used in a boat. What do you use for a flywheel and a collet. Are there production pieces or homemade?

mike b

A question I have about the motor is the silicone ramp in the crank.

With running 60%-70% nitro in our boats, how long will the silicone last before it is digested in the motor.

It's really silicone not epoxy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see how you deal with that style of crankshaft when used in a boat. What do you use for a flywheel and a collet. Are there production pieces or homemade?mike b
I've been running this style crank in my .21 WS-7's. you cut the shaft and recess the flywheel to accept the collet. I've had great success with the car engine in my boats.

A question I have about the motor is the silicone ramp in the crank.With running 60%-70% nitro in our boats, how long will the silicone last before it is digested in the motor.

Waltr,

This silicon ramp is very sensitive (gets damaged) to many cleaning oils like WD40. WD40 will blow it to a balloon and it will get loose. So far I know Corrosion X has not this adverse effect.

Regards,

Petr

Thanks for the great pix Ian!

Looks like the water jacket was a bit of an afterthought, any problems overheating?
Terry,

No problems with overheating. Enduro racers (FSRV Naviga) race them (geared) in heats of 30min without problem..

Regards,

Petr

(Switzerland)

I'd like to see how you deal with that style of crankshaft when used in a boat. What do you use for a flywheel and a collet. Are there production pieces or homemade?mike b
I've been running this style crank in my .21 WS-7's. you cut the shaft and recess the flywheel to accept the collet. I've had great success with the car engine in my boats.
How many threads do you expose when you cut the flywheel, and what is a ws-7? even though it has the pilot, the crank is still threaded 1/4-28 right.

mb

Looks like the water jacket was a bit of an afterthought, any problems overheating?
Terry,

No problems with overheating. Enduro racers (FSRV Naviga) race them (geared) in heats of 30min without problem..

Regards,

Petr

(Switzerland)
Well, there's the answer! :)

How many threads do you expose when you cut the flywheel, and what is a ws-7? even though it has the pilot, the crank is still threaded 1/4-28 right.

mb
Mike,

What nitrosniffer is describing is a general procedure to convert a car to a marine engine. On my I leave about 5mm of thread. I cut the front part of a Novarossi flywheel and use the collet unchanged.

Petr

Mike

On my engine (see here: https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...=241&pos=62 ) I used a flywheel from a CMB RS21. The RS/LS 21's also have very short threaded shafts. I had to machine a small chamfer on the back of the flywheel to clear the carb boss. Aaron is having custom flywheel made to suit. I am told that this flywheel also fits without modification: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Option-21-Class-3-5...oQQcmdZViewItem

The collet is a normal octura collet.

Ian.

A question I have about the motor is the silicone ramp in the crank.With running 60%-70% nitro in our boats, how long will the silicone last before it is digested in the motor.

Waltr,

This silicon ramp is very sensitive (gets damaged) to many cleaning oils like WD40. WD40 will blow it to a balloon and it will get loose. So far I know Corrosion X has not this adverse effect.

Regards,

Petr
The silicone starts off quite hard, but I had the issue that Petr mentions (I didnt know about the chemical attack problem! :( ) so I removed the silicone from my engine: https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...=241&pos=60

Ian.

Terry,

Thanks, taking the pics, cropping them etc took me a few hours! :D

The water jacket I use was made by Kevin Bulifant and has much less volume than the Nova 35 Plus 21 jacket. I was able to use the KB jacket on my engine in a gear drive Multi boat for 15 minute races without cooling problems! In the rigger I have further restricted the water flow! You can see the water passage in the head I use in this pic: https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...=241&pos=56

Ian.

Hey OZ has an ebay too, but it looks like it's written in English, how do you guy get along with that.

mb

Latest posts

Back