Where My Ponds At?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great. Looks like we might be getting somewhere here. Cool. I believe if we can motivate a lot of people to do just a little bit of work with hearts, minds and hands we can get eons of work done in a short period of time versus what tends to happen.... a little bit of people doing a lot of work to take eons of time to get a little done.

Quickie partial club and pond list just to see how it works. seems easy enough

http://g.co/maps/37ru7
Thanks for showing us that Tony! Neat stuff! B)

It says "IMPBA District-2 Pond Locations" in the title. Can you change the title easily? Possibly to something more general... Like R/C Model Boat Pond Locations? I'd like to add my locations in too.

OR

Should we just start a new one for IW?

Sure it could be titled anything could be done by district or state by organization or whatever. You can also collaborate with other people I think so that they could access and add stuff too

Cool. We have 40+ ponds on the map now with 736 views.

States with no Pond locations include:

Colorado

Oregon

Arizona

Nevada

Georgia

Virginia

N. Carolina

Maryland

State: Alabama

City:Huntsville

Name of Lake/Pond: Brahan Spring Park (South Lake)

How Often: Certain scheduled Saturdays and on scheduled event days

List Approximate Race Times From March to after Thanksgiving.

Address: 2213 Drake Avenue, Huntsville, AL 35805-5109

Club: Huntsville Model Boating Association (HMBA)

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_444115', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_444115', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '444115' }, parseInt('') );

State: Alabama

City:Huntsville

Name of Lake/Pond: Brahan Spring Park (South Lake)

How Often: Certain scheduled Saturdays and on scheduled event days

List Approximate Race Times From March to after Thanksgiving.

Address: 2213 Drake Avenue, Huntsville, AL 35805-5109

Club: Huntsville Model Boating Association (HMBA)

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_444115', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_444115', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '444115' }, parseInt('') );
Great! Thanks for adding it to the map Bill.

MAP LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
when i first started racing i found the racing action in my area through a Radio Control boat modeler magazinei used to read those things like crazy. it had the contact info for the CD of the annual race that is held in Grant Park and the rest as they say is history. this database thing is a good idea but the info has to be accessible for the new person just my .02. great idea with the Google maps too

Looking good so far. This should be nice and well populated for the start of the new season. A great reference for people looking to get into the hobby/sport.

I noticed the following states are bare.

Montana,

Wyoming,

North Dakota,

South Dakota,

Nebraska,

Oregon,

Utah,

Nevada,

Idaho

If you know of places or know people that run in these places ping them to post their running locations.

I went ahead and added more sites for Colorado if anyone from District 20 has any more info to add or change about the race sites feel free to edit.

I also added one to Utah since they are now part of District 20.

Last edited by a moderator:
I counted 71 Pond Locations in the US listed here and I am sure there is more.That's a decent number to know however. Makes us look like we have a decent size community. Being able to say the RC Boating Community has over 71 RC Boating Locations across the nation is a nice marketing point. As an independant statement it doesn't sound like we are so few and far between after all.

I just checked out the Pond Location Map It has 49,841 views since being created on Dec 4. That's pretty good for just over 1 month. People have added ponds from all over the world. Neat stuff! B)

Back