Where My Ponds At?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at the Ponds and Clubs list and it seemed too difficult to find a place to run my boat. This section was a great idea but it seems to need to be a bit easier for someone trying to find the information.

Just think of it this way.

I just bought a UL1 Superior boat. I want to find a bigger pond as the pond in my housing complex is kind of small. My wife is yelling at me to cut the lawn and why did I buy this stupid boat that just takes more time away from the family. In addition my daugther needs to use the one computer we have in the house to do her homework and I don't use a computer at work so I don't have much time to search for this sort of thing. Maybe I am a boater in Arizona and I just looked up the Arizona post only to find a guy asking to find the same thing I am looking for. Now I am thinking buying this boat was a bad idea and I should have bought a car instead because at least they have a car track down the street where I see guys with their girlfriends. Maybe my wife will like that better since there are other ladies there for her to socialize with.

Just a hypothetical scenario

So knowing this kind of situation can surely exist maybe if everyone can participate and list the following. This can then be pinned on the Pond/Club page as well as easily cut and pasted on the websites of all the organizations. Each district should have it on their own page but in case they don't there is nothing wrong with redundant information especially where there is a good chance that a person takes a differnt path to try to get to it. Make it as quick and easy for them to find it no matter what path they take.

List it in the way someone would search for it... like as follows. What state do I live in? Is there a pond close to my city or in my city? What's the name of the pond? Who can I contact to run there?

State:

City:

Name of Lake/Pond:

How Often: 24/7, Weekends Only? Race Weekends Only?

List Approximate Race Times (ie. February and June or Practice Pond Only)

Address

Club:

well if someone finds one in des moines iowa let me know because i have been here 7yrs and still no place to test.. driving 2 1/2hrs one way it OLD!

Hi Chris,

Did you try Google. I found lakes around the Bugh I never new exsitided.

Nails

Why not just have people look at this growing list and contact the club nearest them?

http://www.rcracinge...tion=list_clubs
This is all good. But think of it this way. When you got your first boat were you looking for a lake to drop it into and run it or were you looking for a club to join? We have a pond in our area where people do not have to join our club to run. Plus who knows how many clicks and waits on emails or message board postings that it took for someone to even get to this site? Then you click here only for me to find a phone number and email address where I have to wait for someone to call me back before I can even find out if there is even a lake in my area I can run at.

In a world where people have grown accustomed to "One-Click" satisfaction to get the information we can stand a little tweeking to help us keep up with the search behavior of the masses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Chris,

Did you try Google. I found lakes around the Bugh I never new exsitided.

Nails

hey there liquid nails LOL!

ya google earth maps you name it.. there i water mostly rock quarrys that have shot down or will be shot down .

chris

Something like this in the States would be nice. http://www.modelboatlakes.co.nr/

Click on a State, get a list of Counties. Click on the county and you get a list of ponds with all of the pertinent information. If we had something like this we could find out where non-club members were socializing and running their boats. It would make recruiting new members easier.

modelboatlakes.com is open. One of you web developer gurus get busy making us a pond directory site? :)

ITs not as user friendly to search that whole forum. I think it should be broken down by state, so say 50 posts by state and any info about ponds, clubs, club races, dist races, etc etc should be posted there...

Hahahaha! Gosh!

All I wanted was for YOU!... That means you... You and... Oh Yes!.... YOU TOO!

Simply type up where YOU run your boats. Not anybody else. Just YOU! I will then take the data and put it in a more user friendly format.

If you see your running location already posted here then your off the hook.

Example:

State: California

City: Campbell, (10 Minutes West of San Jose, 50 minutes North of San Francisco)

Name of Lake/Pond: Campbell Percolation Ponds

How Often: 7 Days a Week, after dawn and before dusk

Approximate Race Times: None, Test/Practice Pond Only

Accessibility: Walk-in from street about 300 yards

Address: 1250 Dell Ave, Campbell, CA 95008 (Pond #2 RC Boat Designated Pond)

Contact Phone: (408) 551-8881

Contact Email: [email protected]

Club: Marine Modelers

Club Website: None

District: 9

District Web: www.namba9.net

Organization: NAMBA

Organization Web: www.namba.com

State: California

City: Fremont, (30 Minutes North of San Jose, 30 minutes South of San Francisco)

Name of Lake/Pond: Kaiser Cove

How Often: 7 Days a Week, 9am to 6pm (2 people must be present)

Approximate Race Times: February, June, August and September

Accessibility: Keyed Gated Entry for Club Members Only Right Up to the Hot Pits

Address: Von Euw Common, Fremont, CA 94536

Contact Email: [email protected]

Club: Model Mariners

Club Web: http://www.namba9.net/Model%20Mariners.htm

District: 9

District Web: www.namba9.net

Organization: NAMBA

Organization Web: www.namba.com

So that's two. Anymore anyone care to add?

STATE: Wisconsin

CITY: Sommers, (10 minutes north of Kenosha, 5 minutes south of Racine)

NAME of POND: Badger Boat Pond (Private Property)

HOW OFTEN: Monday thru Saturday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm thru 5:00pm

RACE TIMES: June, July, September, & October

ACCESSIBILITY: Keyed Gated Entry for Club Members Only

ADDRESS: 118th Ave., Sommers, WI.

CONTACT EMAIL: [email protected]

CLUB: Badger Model Boat Club

CLUB WEB:

DISTRICT: 4

DISTRICT WEB:

ORGANIZATION: IMPBA

State: Wisconsin

County: Washington County

Name of Lake/Pond: Wallace Lake

Lake/Pond Description: It is a spring-fed lake of glacial origin with a mean depth of 11 feet, and maximum depth of 35 feet. Wallace Lake has a surface area of 51.7 acres and water volume of 558.1 acre-fee. The lake is enclosed by trees on all sides and is fairly well protected from wind.

How Often: Wake Hours: 10:00 AM through 6:30 PM

Approximate Race Times: None. Public lake,

Accessibility: Public boat launch on East end of lake.

Address: 7239 N River Rd, West Bend, WI 53090

Contact Email: N/A

Club: None

Club Web: N/A

District: N/A

District Web: N/A

Organization: N/A

Organization Web: N/A

State: Texas

City: Fort Worth

Name of Lake/Pond: Echo Lake Park

How Often: Open Daily 8:00am to Sun Down

Practice Pond Only - Mostly Sundays

Address: IH 35W South @ Ripy St http://mapq.st/rMP6AU

Contact: Mr. Whitmire {philipwhitmire (at) att (dot) net} or Buckshot {buckunion (at) hotmail (dot) com}

Club: The North Texas Model Power Boat Association

Club Website: None

STATE: Nevada

CITY: Las Vegas

NAME of POND: Sunset Park

HOW OFTEN: Da wn till Dusk 7 days a week

RACE TIMES: Last Sunday of month @11am, Namba Heat Races, Specialty Races

ACCESSIBILITY: Open to public, NAMBA Membership MANDATORY.

ADDRESS:2601 E Sunset Rd, Las Vegas NV 89120

CONTACT EMAIL: [email protected]

CLUB: Sunset Park MBC

CLUB WEB: Facebook\sunset park mbc

DISTRICT: Namba 19

DISTRICT WEB: www.namba19.com

ORGANIZATION: Namba

There might be a lot more than 100. If someone was able to publish a website with a database, similar to this one http://www.modelboatlakes.co.nr/, others would be able to locate it easily over the internet via search engine and add their pond to the listing. I would chip in for the hosting fees if some one with more experience setting up a website like this would help with the design.

There might be a lot more than 100. If someone was able to publish a website with a database, similar to this one http://www.modelboatlakes.co.nr/, others would be able to locate it easily over the internet via search engine and add their pond to the listing. I would chip in for the hosting fees if some one with more experience setting up a website like this would help with the design.
Don't really think we need "ANOTHER" website for someone to navigate to find information they should be able to find on an organization site. But I am open to set-up the whole thing but I won't bother if I don't have more than 5 or 6 ponds to populate it with.

Back