When you finally admit it......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Well I figured out when you finally admit to yourself that your getting older -

Today for me !!!

My eyesight has been getting worse for a while and I broke down and went to the Doc today, gonna really take some getting used to wearing glasses /

bi-focals to boot
blink.gif

Andy

hahah...

Be glad you dont have double vision to boot.. busting up the road in the vette at 100 plus and my eyesight.. and its barfing on the side of the road..

BTY.. ya know what stops working next dont ya.... just ask DUNNY.. or RICHIE R! (NOT ME THO!) :lol:

Grim

hahah...

BTY.. ya know what stops working next dont ya.... just ask DUNNY.. or RICHIE R! (NOT ME THO!) :lol:

Grim
Yeah but Dunny is a FROG
ph34r.gif

That problem btw -

is when you admit your boats are more important than sex , Don't get me wrong- I like my boats and all, but
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Rick , I have always said- "by the time I grow up, I will be too old to make use of the wisdom I have acquired"

and Im sticking too it
blink.gif

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Today for me !!!

My eyesight has been getting worse for a while and I broke down and went to the Doc today, gonna really take some getting used to wearing glasses /

bi-focals to boot :blink:

Andy
Andy, get progressive lens, bi's suck on the job, try carrying material down stairs. :blink: Been there, just got glasses, now I can see the bouy's. :D

Today for me !!!

Andy
Andy, get progressive lens, bi's suck on the job, try carrying material down stairs. :blink: Been there, just got glasses, now I can see the bouy's. :D

My insurance wouldnt cover the transitions, so for now Im stuck. I have heard good and bad about both-

Would love to hear you guys thoughts. They did spring for the low glare and light tint, but the lady laughed when I told her I have never worn glasses other than sunglasses-

She said the line bi's are kinda hard to get used too
huh.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Andy, i just cant help it....how many times have you seen me with my 1.50s on ANYTIME you see me workin on my boats??? IT SUCKS...but ITS LIFE! :rolleyes: The Gkids just started baseball, i just got home from shaggin about 250 grounders and pop flys.....last night i was at Hannahs school for "Family Fun Night", whereas we played the most pshycotic form of kickball IVE ever played...yes...it was the kids AND the adults.....there is not a muscle in my body that is not SCREAMING!!!!All i can say is...PRAISE GOD FOR ADVIL, FLEXRILE, AND THE OCCASIONAL ADULT BEVERAGE! :lol: ....HOWEVER, it is still better to BURN OUT THAN TO FADE AWAY, and ill have plenty of time to rest.........WHEN IM DEAD!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

Today for me !!!

Andy

My insurance wouldnt cover the transitions, so for now Im stuck. I have heard good and bad about both-

Would love to hear you guys thoughts. They did spring for the low glare and light tint, but the lady laughed when I told her I have never worn glasses other than sunglasses-

huh.gif
Spend the difference on the transitions, they are well worth it. I have had them for 3 years and are far superior to the others. The refocus area from reading to far is very slight and is a snap in a day or two to adjust to.

Today for me !!!

Andy

huh.gif
Andy, transitions are different from progressive. Tran's tint in sunlight, Pro's focus to readers as u look down, ask about it. Insurance co. usually will pay for one's with crappy frames. Till i can spring for script shades, and pair of cocoons from Cabellas works fine over my good pair, driving and racing. B)

Today for me !!!

Andy

huh.gif
Andy, transitions are different from progressive. Tran's tint in sunlight, Pro's focus to readers as u look down, ask about it. Insurance co. usually will pay for one's with crappy frames. Till i can spring for script shades, and pair of cocoons from Cabellas works fine over my good pair, driving and racing. B)
Yeah I tried to find a pair my Costa's would sit in front of fine for now , as the cost of those lenses are crazy
rolleyes.gif

Mike at 56 (as your profile reads) your lucky.

Now use those good eyes to make some sense of what you type before you post it-
huh.gif

We have an excuse
wink.gif

Andy

definately get the progressive if/when you can. they`ll come in real handy later on when you`re looking for stuff you put away so you wouldn`t lose it.

CARTER

Today for me !!!

Andy

huh.gif
Yeah I tried to find a pair my Costa's would sit in front of fine for now , as the cost of those lenses are crazy
rolleyes.gif

Mike at 56 (as your profile reads) your lucky.

Now use those good eyes to make some sense of what you type before you post it-
huh.gif

We have an excuse
wink.gif

Andy
I've had reading glasses for about 4 years, product of 1 -100watt bulb every 20 feet on a construction site. Last year at a race Steve Sutton was raving about his new glasses. For hah hah's John Finch and I tried them on, same reaction, could not believe how bad our eyesight was. :eek: You don't realize it, till you get them checked. 3-4 hour drives to races are less stressing when you can see. :blink:

ray & others who have the progressive's help me out here. when i first had to change from single vision lenses to bifocals, the progressive lenses had a blurry area between the 2 different corrections. have they fixed this? if not, i prefer to have a definite line of transition, rather than a blurry area between the 2. working as an auto tech, there are times i can only see through a very small "window" to get a look at what i'm working on. sometimes i'm not able to ove my head much to see things in these situations. have a definite line is better to me than a blurry/marginaly useful area in between. i'm not proud or scared enough to worry about whether others can tell if i'm wearing "binoculars" or not :p :lol: :lol: .

My progressives have no blur spot, you do have to get use to them. There great for driving, look down and read dash and GPS clearly. Much less fatigue when driving to a race. I'm sure your eye doctor can inform you better. :blink: :D

My progressives have no blur spot, you do have to get use to them. There great for driving, look down and read dash and GPS clearly. Much less fatigue when driving to a race. I'm sure your eye doctor can inform you better. :blink: :D
Got my new eye's today- WOW

You really dont realize it till you see clearly again .

I gotta tell ya Ray , I didnt get progessives- and the first time I glanced down at the dash gauges instead of looking down was like
blink.gif

Gonna take some getting used too, I find I dont need them around the house unless Im reading , but night driving is SOO MUCH better
wink.gif

Yea just orded new ones again today.. 5 bills.. frickemfrackem.....grumble grumble..

But.. just the game..

Grim

i feel your pain, grim. bifocals, transitions, case hardened & tempered glass lenses & hd frames (to qualify for safety glasses for work)=$450 last pair 2 years ago. $500 + now, i'll bet razzlefrazzlefrickemfrackem :( .

Back