Whats this world coming to ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Thats sad.But once the attorney's get in front of the judge.Its who's lie is better.Trust Me i know I was sued for something and was totally in the right with evadince to back my case and still lost.

On another note the Dam Fire Code inforcment officer once us here at my company that has been in this building since 1956 to install proper lighting,and exit signs for"I quote (when a robber breaks in he/she needs a lighted path to get out saftley).

a "good" lawyer will get it in front of a jury. then he will argue that the airline acted irresponsibly in allowing this clown to sneak into the wheel well. just a few sympathetic jurors will wear down the others. seen it happen. maybe that's why pathetic is the root of sympathetic....... saw a situation where a grown adult rode a bicycle at night, without lights, out from between 2 parked cars, & got hit. sued the bike company for not having a sticker on the bike that stated that "this vehicle is not as visible at night". went to a jury, he won. when the lawyer was asked by a tv news reporter about bicycles needing a sticker to say "this vehicle will operate faster downhill", the lawyer stated that would be ridiculous!!!!! this was on a network special john stossel (sp?) did called "i'm not my fault", sad but very true words. no responsibility for our own actions. welcome to the NOT ME generation.

Saw this over on S/F- had to share..........

Stow-a-way falls to death......family sues Airline??

Let me get this straight.......

If I sneak into an airline's wheelwell, and fall to my death......my family can sue??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rways-fell-death-plane.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rways-fell-death-plane.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
This wourld is just screwy!

You all have forgotten a couple of things:

1) the plane would have been flying at over 25,000 feet, meaning the kid might have died from oxygen deprivation or hypothermia during the flight

2) Unlike the planes in the James Bond movies, there is no extra room in a wheel well and no way to go from wheel well to into the cabin. It is highly likely that the kid was killed by the landing gear itself, crushing him when it was raised due to no place to go to get out of the way.

Was this a sad event, YES

Was it a preventable event, YES

Should the family be able to make a financial grab by suing the airline and airport, HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is another case of someone acting irresposibly and paying the price, just like the person that spilled coffee in a McDonalds drive through on themselves and being awarded a boat load of cash by a jury. This is a case where the airport and airline needs to pay for lack of diligence, but not to the family of someone that acted stupidly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so they think they can sue because there kid was to cheap to buy a ticket to board and airplane. Stupidity should not be rewarded, I understand that the security people should had been more on top of things but, REALLY with so much going around you think they watch for people to hide in landing gears? This kid thought he was so smart he could hitch a ride for free in a wheel well. Sorry to say this is real life not a movie, but the stupid thing is I bet they will win just because stupidity seems to be rewarded now a days. I did something stupid so I should get paid for it. It defenitly is a when in doubt just sue for it world these days.

Back