whats it take to go 100mph?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tom

just wondering cause everyhtings frozen here and im looking for a new project to keep me busy. how much does it cost? what size engine/type of hull. can it be done for less than $1000? what is the cheepest way to hit 80+mph?

also, tom, how does that tr.12 run? i have a .12 cv-r in a electrovee hull waiting for spring. these motors are too much for most 4wd touring sedan drivers. what size prop do you run on your .12's?

happy new year!!!

I have no idea how the TR runs yet... ive got ice for a long time myself now... it is my winter project...

I would say for sure the prop to use will be the V937 i've had great success with it.... I am also going to try a 2137 2142 1938 1440 1445 215

ill let you know how they work in the spring....

tom, there is an artical at nitrorc.com on porting traxxas .15's. ive done this mod several times to diferent engines and it does make a dramatic diference. i just did the sleeve mods and left the wall thickness in the ported area around .020-.025". i havent done this to my cv-r yet, but i have done it to a trx.15, kyosho.11 and hpi.15fe. run the engine and the area of the boost ports in the block will discolor the sleeve where you want to port it. dont touch the actual ports on the sleeve. anyways, i just posted this f.y.i. cause you can never have enough power, but that tr.12 may proove diferent. fuel enonomy goes way down after this mod. we need more .010-.018 nitro guys in here!

anybody got any answeres to my origanal question?

fastest way to 100mph... pay andy brown a lot of $$$$

you might get to 100mph then

very few people belong to the 100mph club... all of them got there with a lot of $$$ and even more experience.

I would try something in the 45 to 50 range first, get used to what happens and then go to 60 to 70, serious driving skill needed here, mistakes can be very dangerous, 80 and up is for the select few who can both afford it and have the stick time to control it.

Serious money spent to take it past the 60 to 70 mark.

Take your time and build up your driving skills and save your money.

Good Luck to ya,

Gene

well, i found a couple picco .90's on e-bay. i was wondering how fast one would go in an apropriatly sized mono hull. also, how fast is a .12 rigger? whats it take to do 50mph in a mono? is bigger always faster?

Well Tom : To give you some Idea. Myself and my brother have been starting from scratch building our own hulls. Hopping up our own engines, building our own pipes. Starting with gas as it is easier to work with big engines. Bro now after two years have a 32" Shovelnose that does 50+mph but flips in the turns so we have to make a bigger hull for next spring. Myself am starting with a .15 T.T. and Mac pipe to learn about Nitro. Good luck in your quest for speed!!! :eek:

thanks wally. what are you putting that .15 in? i have a mac header and pipe on my .12cv-r. is that shovelnose gas or nitro? the mac pipe sounds soooo sweet when the engines on the pipe, but my friends think its too loud. i like it!!! have you cut down your header yet? how much? i had to cut 4" off mine to fit it in a nitrovee. it melted the boat and the extra power melted the drivetrain. dont ever buy one of those boats. now its in my nitro-electrovee. cant wait for spring!!!

Well
looks like you didn't login.

I put the .15 T.T. in a home made 24" mono and I have just broken it in this year with the original pipe so next year I will be trying the Mac pipe. It has a Danvo surface drive which I found to be the lightest one I could find at the time. So far it hasn't gone very fast and I was using 10% nitro. Going to try 60-70% in the spring. I have heard the smaller the engine the higher the nitro you can use and benifit from it. :D

All I takes is: A strong engine in a lite boat with a big prop, with no wind , good air and a large site.

Oh yea and a lot of luck. L.O.L.

It has taken years for these guys the hit the "magic barrier" of 100 mph. Back in the late '70's the speeds were in the low 90's and they were trying all kinds of motor combinations and using the thought that bigger is faster. If we could all go 100 mph for under $1,000.00 there would be a LOT of fast boats out on the water. My boats have seen 95 mph but that was in the back of my truck running late for a race! I can't fathom how much time and money Andy must have spent to hit 100 not to mention 126!

Hey guys,

My name is chris, I was reading your replys on 100mph, i can't say that i have hit that, gettin closer thought, this summer i run my 67 eagle sg with a cmb evolution and run 91.5. h32 prop 6.4 cup from andy.

60% nitro

I see that Roger Hooks is selling an SG Rigger $3000. You'll hit 100 m.p.h. with that for sure.

FOR SALE:

RECORD SETTING CMD Racing Eagle SGX

Complete Ready to Race CMD Racing Eagle SGX. Airtronics M8, 2 H-30, 1 H-32, and additional 11" Pipe included. In Less than 1 Gallon of fuel, , 8 Races the boat has Two Contest Wins, District Fast Time, and

Two 1 Mile Oval Heat Racing Records.

Click HERE for photo gallery. $3000.00 CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED

Please contact Roger Hooks at [email protected]

Hey Roger, if he buys it how about a finders fee! LOL

;)

what's it take to go 100mph?....read on to find out....

[basically quoting someone here, think it was Hammer]

fold a piece of cardboard into a v-shaped hull, and strap a couple model rocket engines from your LHS to the back-presto!!! ;D :eek: : :) :p

Joe

Rebel Racing- 25 cent rocket engines, 300$ high-performance nitro engines, same ol' same ol'!

yea, especially the ones that are "Brand New Remote Control Speedboat, comes with controller and stickers, only 4 "AA" batteries needed to run"

PJ, you've got mail

Going 100 for under 1000?? If that was the case, both my boats, and Tmaxx would be going over 100 for sure.

Now I back that about paying Mr. Brown BIG BUCKs to go over 100, I wouldnt worry about hitting 100, Just have Andy do your motor mod. He did a .21 for me, it freaking screams, and its LOUD. He can bring the most power out of a engine, He can work a prop too. And if your going from a .15 nitro vee, and want to hit 100 on you next boat--STAY OFF MY POND, ;D Sounds like you need alittle more driving skills at 40-50-60-70, and let me tell you, 60 is FAST as hell i think on the water for a 30 in Ducer.

remember SPEED doesnt win a RACE.

Tom

Back