What's it cost em ?????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Product Knowledge 101- for You sales persons- ;)

Set out today to buy a good pair of work boots for the new job- Had a pair of RedWings in mind and off we went- to Brandon for the closest store. When we arrived at the shoe box they called a store it was crowded and I really didn't see anything I wanted- but lets wait for the salesperson and see. When she finally got to me- I told her the specific needs in a work boot I had- and before she could answer- I saw the deer in the headlights. I asked if they where NON-Marking soles and she had ZERO CLUE what that was- @ 180.00/200.00 bucks+ a pr - you had best be able to tell me what the guy that made em had for lunch that day. Needless to say- I purchased elsewhere with a different brand.......SO- To all sales people-

PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE IS GOLDEN...... -_-

BTW- EVERY Boot in the store - incl non steel toe that we looked at where non-marking, said it right on the sole :ph34r:

The Timberline Pro Endurance Hiker Steel Toe - are sweeeeeet and 50 bucks less - just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redwings have gone down hill.. I used to buy worknsports from fleet farm for 39.99. Best boots ever. then they changed the name raised the price and who knows what else... The last Redwings I had didn't even make it 6 months.. And the last store I tried to buy them at said 2-3 weeks to order them :blink:

I'm now sporting a pair of Thorogoods from fleet farm I think around 120. They seem to be good, will find out when summer comes and I go back to work!!! Only bad part is they are not made in the USA like parts of Redwing boots are... Which suppopsedly has something to do with the chemicals used to make the soles...

I have only had one single pair of redwing boots. I took them back a week later to get my 200.00 back. The most uncomfortable pair of boots I have ever worn. My favorites are Georgia Boot brand. Comfortable right out of the gate, and lasted me a year working in concrete every day (which to me is pretty respectable)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back