Whats a real speed for 21 tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offshoremodels

Was wondering what a good speed for a 21 tunnel is and what the fastest speed recorded is. I seam to be doing real good with my two 21 tunnels mod and short but need a goal to shot for and what to get.

Anything over 100 MPH is respectable... ;D

Unless you got it off eBay...then it's expected!

Seriously though, 45 - 50 is smokin' for a 3.5.

I believe Tommy Lee holds the IMPBA record at 64.212 MPH.

I would also say 45-50 is about it.

and Ebay has the fastest boats out there. Even the dumas with the TT motor, 50 plus.

If your running between 45-50 your doing well.

anything over 50 they are to small and to light and they fly.

Yep 45-48 stock, 48-53 mod,

There has been a few take it past 60 SAW, but it's expensive and

a very good chance ya not gonna get yer boat back ;)

Gene ;D

ok now how do I go 55
maybe a differnt hull?? ;D ;Das i know i been playing with ob. for awhile and they are some thing to get right! as i fliped and broke many things and not to pull any one leg but I have realy gone over 60 with my tunnels made out of wood thanks to Rod Gearty for a copy of his dwg.'s as i made a straight away boat and it flies!!

Jimmy

My advise would be:

28 to 30 inch hull min.

Nova/Rossi or Rossi powerhead

K&B 7.5 or Lawless lower

ABC H-4 dia reduced and cupped

60% nitro

RTR of 4 3/4 to 5 1/2 lbs

Outta get ya close ;)

Gene ;D

Eddy, less than 28" and its a tapdance to keep one on the water around 50 ;D I tried it with a modified Sprint @ 24"and it got ugly 8)

Gene ;D

running modified toms cats very lite and small
it's realy time to get a new tunnel a tom cat thare were good at thare time as i had a fiberglass one. but I will never go back to it. try a john otto hull if nothing else. they are light but don't let it cook in the sun on a trip . as it be junk from the heat.

Best way, and cheepest way of doing 60, put her in your car and get on a main street.

You dont have any damage to fix, any broken cowls.

and if you wish to sell your 60 mph boat, Ebay, they have the fast ones.

My best speed to date was 58mph at the 94 internats. I used my "NOVA" prototype and a Novarossi "TOP" powerhead. I took first place in B tunnel SAW. I also took first in D tunnel SAW with a speed of 49mph!

Hi Bob

D tunnel is 67 class isn't it? That's scary to be that much faster with a 21 than with a much bigger boat. I guess the bigger they are the more 'scale like' speeds they seem to go. What's the record for a D tunnel?

What prop were you using to run that speed on a 21 and whaqt lower unit on your NR Top? Any and all info greatfully accepted. ;D

GT 8)

D Tunnel is a 45 motor in IMPBA. Used a K&B lower unit, custom pipe and modified Prather 220 prop. The motor "double staged" on the pipe and that is why all the speed.

Back