what servoes are u useing on JAE21 nitro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark james

Iam back on my JAE21 (nitro) setup and need a rudder servo..

Looking for curent servos,,

What are you useing for your rudder?

Also haveing a time desideing what radio system...futuba or spektrum 2.4 of course

thanks for any info!

Mark,

Futaba 2.4 all the way on the radio.

Any servo with 100 inch/ounces or more will be just fine.

Metal gears for sure. I run a MG-225 or 3305 in a couple of

21 Hydros that I have. It is more than enough.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
A 645 is a HUGE overkill for the JAE21. A 225MG or Futaba equivalent is all that is needed for a 21 rigger of any brand. I have 3 of the 21 riggers and is all I need or use. A 645 will add more weight to the rear of the boat also. It does make a difference.

Im running an HS645, but I did take Mr. Knights advise and am trying a HS225 in my sport 20 this year. If it works as good as John says it does, I will most likely switch to that on all 20 boats from now on.

Cool, ty guys for the info!

Iam thinking a futuba radio also as Ive run them for yrs before with no problums..

I also think ill run the 225mg and see..

thanks again!

Im running an HS645, but I did take Mr. Knights advise and am trying a HS225 in my sport 20 this year. If it works as good as John says it does, I will most likely switch to that on all 20 boats from now on.
I did the same thing as the original mount is bigger .I had issues with water and ended up running a waterproof Traxxas servo .My new hull will have HS 225 rudder servo ,ready real soon As spring is a coming

What about the JAE gas and JAE .45 rigger I have the HS 5755MG on my gas and the same Hitec 225 on the .45 rigger. Yes ??? I do have the Traxxas waterproof. 2075 or the 645 here.

I am setting my 45 JAE up with the 645MG. It's probably over kill as these boats turn so easy, but it's what I use on 45 size boats.

What about the JAE gas and JAE .45 rigger I have the HS 5755MG on my gas and the same Hitec 225 on the .45 rigger. Yes ??? I do have the Traxxas waterproof. 2075 or the 645 here.
Neil,

I do not believe that the 225 is nearly strong enough for a 45 rigger. I use the 645's only and have never lost one. I have 3 45 riggers and all have the 645. For a gas rigger use a scale. Same for a 67 80/90.1.01 rigger - scale. It needs the extra torque to hold it through the turns.

Thanks John for the imfo. I use scale on the bigger engines. This is my first .45 rigger as the price was to hard to pass up.On the kit that is. Same with the gas rigger first year.

Back