What motor to use

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try a .45 or a 7.5 engine. That will suit that hull fine. Depending on your price range you might try OPS if your budget's tight or if Sky's the limit I sell Precision-In-Perfection motors complete packages w/pipe, header and third needle. These are awesome motors.

Well seeing as my Calcraft is 39" x 11", I would says you are in the 40 motor range. I have been using Picco for the last 10 years. I also have been running the K45 for last couple of years.

Mike

Hi Damien,

You should have posted this yesterday - I put an OPS 45 on Ebay last night. If you're interested we could work something out.

GT ;D

ps. Oh yeah I'm in Australia as well - the national capital.

Has anyone had any experience with an outboard on the back of a deep V ?

I have a spare 7.5 lying around.

Has anyone had any experience with an outboard on the back of a deep V ?

I have a spare 7.5 lying around.
Throw it on there they work great. I know of two outboard deep vees and one outboard cat and they all run fine.

Hi Rodney,

Do you really need another K&B OB. Maybe we should talk. LOL

GT ;D

I seen a guy with 2-11cc OBs on what looked to be a 43 or so inch boat, was a crappy haul, It was a deep V. radio box in back and 2 tanks. Course 2 motors, twice the headach, Sure it looks good, but getting them both dialed in to run good is another story.

Back