What kind of boat is this?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about the boat, the engine is a K&B with an exhaust throttle, a good set up but not the easiest to tune if you're not used to it.
The only issue with the engine, other than being in serious need of cleaning, is that it's pretty much made from unobtainium. Rod Geraghty, here in the forum, may be able to help you out with that as he's been known to have or been able to find K&B parts when others couldn't.

Last edited:
The boat is a Dumas 40 deep vee from the early 70s. For that time, mine ran pretty good with the K&B 6.5 with an exhaust throttle. Engines ran well on 25% nitro, but didn't last long when you increased to 35-40%.

Thanks for that info. I’m in the process of converting it to electric power.

The K&B 6.5 and associated parts are for sale.

Ha! My first "real" boat after a couple 049's.

Had an ST21 in a DV20-CF, wasn't fast enough. Stuffed a K&B 6.5 into it, that woke it up! 😃

Wudda been right around 74-75...

I still have mine. I bolted a 7.5 OB to the transom. With a X447 it would probably run in the high 40 there. It can survive some rough waters and is a fun boat to play with when it is too windy for my sport 40s.

Attachments

• DVOB.JPG
    DVOB.JPG
    745 KB · Views: 25
Back