What is this logo???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Ross

Trying to figure out what this logo is on the 1982 Oh Boy Oberto boat anyone know???

Attached is a picture with an arrow pointing at the logo.

It is a red with a slash in the middle of it.

Hopefully someone knows!!

Thanks!

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think so as the coast guard symbol has a blue stripe in it and is only 2 sections unless it is some logo of theirs I have never seen.

I thought it looked similar to that as well just not sure as I have tried searching for some and come up empty.

The scuba flag is the same on both sides of the stripes from what I have seen.

it would not be hard to duplicate but I do not know what the little black and white image is on the top left of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to me like a State of Washington boat registration sticker. The State of Washington made me put them on my boat back in the 80's. Kind of like a set of tabs on a car you had to purchase yearly.

I thought it looked similar to that as well just not sure as I have tried searching for some and come up empty.

The scuba flag is the same on both sides of the stripes from what I have seen.

it would not be hard to duplicate but I do not know what the little black and white image is on the top left of it.
It's the old State of Washington logo with a likeness of George Washington similar to the one on the state flag.

Sweet thanks I'll see if I can find a better image now that I know what it is!!

So something like this?

Possibly George is facing to the right it looks like on the oberto though??

sample.jpg

yep he's looking the other way, there was also about a 10 digit registration number under George but I think that would probably be pretty tough to do on something that small

Hey Jeff,

It is "Western Energy" The only 8255 U-55 Oh Boy! Oberto I have ever seen it correct on was Chuck McGaughy's. CHEERS !!! Bob

Do you have any contact info for Chuck so I can see about getting a better picture?

Or know where I can find the logo I have been looking but can't find it.

Hey Jeff,

Chuck and I have the same photographs. This is the best one I have ever seen. Here is a better resolution picture. My '82 U-55 doesn't have the Karelsen or Western Energy graphic - Chuck is much more picky than am I. CHEERS !!! Bob

Appreciate it figure if you can add it to a build then why not.

The red and western energy will not be a problem the little symbol in the top left corner though is hard to make out.

also it looks like it has some text below it possibly?

I doubt that anyone will notice. It beats the Hell out of using a Washington State Boat registration sticker - Har, Har !!!

Red background. small black rectangle in upper left hand corner with a white "+" in it, Black block letters for Western and Energy on the diagonal with two white pin stripes under each and call that puppy - GOOD to Go. I tried blowing up the original pic but can not make out the words under the red rectangle or inside the black rectangle in white characters. It was a Leland hull from your neck of the woods, so it's probably a local company from 1982 time frame.

What scale are you using for the hull it will go on? CHEERS !!! Bob

It is going on a 1/10 scale

Appreciate all the info I will work it up as you have described it!!

Back