What is it called??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never heard anyone refer to the 7.5 HTV hull by H-brender with a name. I have heard some call it "that ugly-a@% boat, or the dolphin-head! lol Does it have a real name? I need to know because I want to properly identify mine when I put it up for sale. All comments welcome, James "Army Strong" and sneaky Beasley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure its called a "HTV". Kinda like HTB, not like any random exotic animal.

~James

James,

HTV or Halbrehder Tunnel Vee's came about in 1981. Built a 13' full size tunnel vee that we ran with a 75 Evinrude. The model versions are just plain HTV's and I don't use animal or agressive names. Now if you have one of my boats it would have to be pretty old as I do not sell boats. I did back in the old days but just not worth my time and aggrivation anymore. I currently build hulls for a few serious racers and the agreement is that the boat be returned if not used and never to be sold. The old "duck bill" cowl was updated last spring and does hold the nose down better. Send me a pic of the bottom of what you have and I can identify it. My boats aren't pretty but have a good record in heat racing.

Mic

I know.. I kind of jumped ship with a new cowl design on mine but I got to tell ya.. its BY FAR the best handling 7.5 sport boat I have ever drove. It handles like a slot car and does nothing dumb..

Mine is not for sale and Mic.. ya cant have it back! :p :D

I just updated the steering servo and its ready for more testing.. We are going on a hunt for 2 to 3 more MPH.

Grim

James,

HTV or Halbrehder Tunnel Vee's came about in 1981. Built a 13' full size tunnel vee that we ran with a 75 Evinrude. The model versions are just plain HTV's and I don't use animal or agressive names. Now if you have one of my boats it would have to be pretty old as I do not sell boats. I did back in the old days but just not worth my time and aggrivation anymore. I currently build hulls for a few serious racers and the agreement is that the boat be returned if not used and never to be sold. The old "duck bill" cowl was updated last spring and does hold the nose down better. Send me a pic of the bottom of what you have and I can identify it. My boats aren't pretty but have a good record in heat racing.

Mic
Well Mic I am being an antagonist like usual, sorta. Joking around about the name, although I was curious if you had a model name for them, seems all hulls have a name. Come on man, make it offical and go with "Dolphin Head"!! Reality is I do have one, or a copy, or a want to be HTV, or someone broke the vow. There is no doubt that the cowling is HTV design, and the hull sponson design matches the description you gave me a while back. I have no intentions of selling it, I am certainly impressed with the performance of yours and the #1 sons boats. I will outfit it this winter and see what happens. Even if it is not a genuine HTV it will still be fun to try it out. It is Gray and White and has a Coca-Cola paint scheme on it. See ya at the World Champs next spring. James

Last edited by a moderator:
Grim the new cowl on your boat defiantly is cool, with tons of improvement in regards to looks on the ugly -a@% boat. I always look forward to running you guaranteed to be tough heat. If you do find that extra speed can I request inside position and lane 1 through the first turn. That cannot be too much to ask for right?

James I think you'll find in rougher water boat if fairly forgiving, and seems to do well. As speeds have increased handling hasn't gone away. So far we haven't had enough HP to find the limit of the boat. Which is always nice because tunnels seem to all have a break Pointe where speed sacrifices reliability. This is best seen in the 20 class where boats are now capable of 50 to 60 mph. We actually think we picked up a little speed recently (Thanks to some guy in Tampa), over what we've been capable of in the past. So far the extra speed hasn't seemed to hurt handling, which we'll test soon in upcoming races. I started running an HTV when I was in my early teens, and still have never rigged a radio box. So the actual set up is more my Dads department.

Jay H

James,

Mic
Well Mic I am being an antagonist like usual, sorta. Joking around about the name, although I was curious if you had a model name for them, seems all hulls have a name. Come on man, make it offical and go with "Dolphin Head"!! Reality is I do have one, or a copy, or a want to be HTV, or someone broke the vow. There is no doubt that the cowling is HTV design, and the hull sponson design matches the description you gave me a while back. I have no intentions of selling it, I am certainly impressed with the performance of yours and the #1 sons boats. I will outfit it this winter and see what happens. Even if it is not a genuine HTV it will still be fun to try it out. It is Gray and White and has a Coca-Cola paint scheme on it. See ya at the World Champs next spring. James
I always thought the front of the cowl on mine looked like a mallard decoy.
wink.gif

Back