What is better a Lynx or XTR Leecraft .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau Parsons

What is the best all around hull a Lynx or a Leecraft using a .21 mod mac outboard? opinions please?

Beau,

You best include the Vision and possibly the HTB290 in that comparison if you want to consider the best running boat along with the other two mentioned. And that is running in all conditions, not just in smooth or rough water, but any kind of water. And you will never get consensus on it either as there are very strong supporters for each of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say Lynx and HTB 290 and trust me i have beaten and lost to them both HTB is a better ruff water boat allittle heavy but it does has speed the lynx is lighter but if you start going very fast it tends to get loose a bit but both are great hulls my friend.

you looking for a HTB 290 i have one fully rigged all you have to do is ad power,and lower,receiver and battery and prop and you are ready.

lety me know if you are interested ok

YOUR BEST ALL AROUND IS A VISION PUSH A LYNX AND IT WILL SPIN OUT HTB WILL BLOW OVER LEE CRAFT SAME AS LYNX THIS I CAN SEE AT A LOT OF DIST 3 RACES TOP 2 ARE VISION OR LYNX

Any of them are great boats if they get out front.....but, which one runs best in rough race water running down and catching and passing the leader?

I would go with a HTB 290 or VISION. I have seen a lot of HTB 290 do great in rough and calm water. We have fewer visions in are club at the time.

Your a very offensive in your defensive remarks Randy ;)

Just sayin too

I agree, they all have a little trouble when chasing in RACE water.

Cheers

Kris

LYNX ---------RACE ONE OR CHASE ONE. I have had them all , just my 2 cents.

Deryl

Keep it on topic please guys.

Threads like these usually become a pissing match anyway. The best way to determine "what's the best boat" is to see what is running in your area, and what is available. All of the boats mentioned can (and have) make it to the winners circle, some more than others. WAY too many variables to say which is better than which. I have seen Lynx boats do some very unpredictable/unexplainable things on the race course, and I have seen some that are untouchable. I have also seen all of the others mentioned in both capacities as well.

~ James

Cleaned up this thread. Once again, please keep it on the topic of the orginal question.

~ James

If you want to spend the time to set the Lynx up, check, re-set, re-check, etc then go that way. If not, suggest you get a more "forgiving" hull.

Like James has said, a Lynx can be "untouchable" in the right hands, I say again, in the right hands.

Gino

topfuel443/ james/ gino

Thanks for the help I hate when people bullshit, talk trash when a fellow boater wants some good info from another fellow boater. I posted a thread for info not to get people puffing there chests. Thanks to all that have gave there opinion on my posted thread, I have my mind made up on what I will do for a new outboard.

Thanks Beau Parsons

90 percent of it is set up. That is why Randy's Lynx is a rocket, Shawn's Vision is a rocket, Ernie's HTB is a rocket and Grim's Nemesis is a rocket....all in race conditions.

In my opinion (for what it's worth) buy a Lynx. If you don't, you will be saying to yourself "I should have bought a Lynx". Once you own one, you never have regrets. :D

Beau Parsons if you want a HTB 290 or a Vision tunnel i have 2 that you just have to add your mac 21 outboard and you are ready ok. if you want a Lynx i can talk to my friend randy and take care of you also. there all good boats drivers make the difference ok.

let me know if you need anything ok

julian

Latest posts

Back