Two new tunnels

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Lewis

Supporting Member
Recently purchased a 21 keep and 46 rossi outboards and a lynx 21 and leecraft 46. What lower units do you guys run. I'm leaning towards the lawless. Also, what are some good props to run on these motors? Thanks
Michael

i have a 21 nova rossi on a dragon and a nr 46 on my leecraft xt 460, both have lawless lowers, my 21 runs a john otto 442 modded and my leecraft i havnt got in the water yet with the nr. when i had the redhead pro on it i had a collection of 1450s. ron shaw runs a 46 on a leecraft, maybe he will share some prop advise

Thank you John, think I will go with the lawless lowers. I still have some k&B drives but like the looks and angle of the lawless. I'm trying to get set up for racing next year and I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks for the help...
Michael

what i can recommend to you is if your a first time nitro boater than get with a club that the members can help you with the tuning of those nitro motors, nitro can be cranky and if someone can help you along at the pond it just makes life easier. i have been running nitro for over 20 years and sometimes i get so fustrated i just walk away from it, not long maybe an hour or so but im lucky that brian bails me out more times than i can count

what i can recommend to you is if your a first time nitro boater than get with a club that the members can help you with the tuning of those nitro motors, nitro can be cranky and if someone can help you along at the pond it just makes life easier. i have been running nitro for over 20 years and sometimes i get so fustrated i just walk away from it, not long maybe an hour or so but im lucky that brian bails me out more times than i can count

Nitro can be SO rewarding, yet SO FRUSTRATING at the same time haha

I run both FE and Nitro, but I think everyone knows deep down NITRO IS THE GLORY ;) :cool:

Hey John, thanks for chiming in yesterday.i apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but where I live there is no service at all. I'm not new to nitro but got out years ago. Family first.... I got back in years ago with fast electrics, hughey drives, car motors and cobalt motors. I had a few nitro motors so I thought I would get going again. Flew planes also, you become a needle junky. Bought some boats from a fellow pilot and built some gassers. A club would be great. I love working with others and the knowledge passed around is great. That's why I got on this site.
That's why I asked what props to start with. With the newer motors and stuff. I do appreciate the help. Michael

good to hear michael, if your familar with nitro you are ahead of the game. and kris was right, when the head temp, needle and pipe length all line up oh man its awesome. again back to the club thing, if you have a local club this will be helpfull

Yeah ,no such luck on a local club but there is a couple of people in Franklin NC that I met that race boats!!! I spoke with them and will start running with them to practice. I'm an old stick radio man, but I bought a pistol grip to try. I also talked to them about getting a club together. See if we can get more people involved in the sport. Got my fingers crossed lol.

Back