What is a good fun hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyke

I'm looking for a good play boat, something that I can play with when its not like glass.

This boat will not be raced.

Has to be 3.5.

I love tunnels but maybe a V ???

Do you wan't to build something? or have it pre done and just put a Eng on the back and rig it up etc etc??

Chris

PS: all tunnels are fun! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
you are on the right track. several racers in division 8 in rough water run a light weight b tunnel with a 3.5 ob on them very successfully . actually race them for points and gather their fair share. mono hulls are more fogivinig but you won't pick up the finess you will need later when you get into more advanced compitition. unless you prefer to continue with the mono. some days you get the bear and someday the bear gets you. geno

If you plan on running a stock or slightly moddified motor, a Dumas Hot Shot Sprint will work for ya.

Mark....

Just my .02 cents worth...

Tyke said:
I'm looking for a good play boat, something that I can play with when its not like glass.This boat will not be raced.

Has to be 3.5.

I love tunnels but maybe a V ???

98199[/snapback]

I have A bandit boat for sale if you are intrested. It has a black and yellowpaint job that looks nice. Boat is in great condition and will sell for 50.00 plus

shiping charges witch will be about 15.00. This is a glass boat and runs well.

If you are intrested just e mail or call me at [email protected] or call

(813) 951-1445 Thanks Ron Drake.

I have a Hot Shot but it got kinda torn up a bit last year.

First boat and all. Sure was fun though.

Ron, I haven't seen a Bandit, do you have a pic?

The Bandit is a great boat to run, especially for a newbie because they run nose heavy and are very forgiving in the turns. I'll take a picture of my 3.5 later tonight or tomorrow and post it for you to see.

The Bandit is a great boat to run, especially for a newbie because they run nose heavy and are very forgiving in the turns.  I'll take a picture of my 3.5 later tonight or tomorrow and post it for you to see.
98810[/snapback]

Thanks for your help for the pick to send to this guy. I am very apprecitave for you doing this. I dont have the equipment to send a pickat this time thank you Ron Drake

I would agree with Rod about the "Bandit", I had a Bandit "Killer" tunnel with the Thunder Tiger 21 OB , muffler cut out of the motor and added a car header(round

port) with a Irwin (old style) J-pipe. At the time the "Tigers" cost $154, thery're

$188 now,,this set-up would run Really good with just 30% car fuel. It was hard to get the engine to stop running,,the most "user friendly" engine I ever ran and they'll run much longer than the K&B before they "eat" any parts,,I know this cause I had both at the time. For the speeds this "combo" runs, the Bandit is a perfect match, corners Perfect, and I never added an ounce of weight :)

Back