what if a pipe isnt perfectly round?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

What if the pipe isnt perfectly round? Its more oval shaped when looking from the end down the cone. Its a 3280 pipe I had here, that had a few dents and whatnot in it, was pretty beat up, so I filled it with water, and froze it. now its out of round. Thinking of trying it again, maybe just maybe it will straighten itself out. LOL

What if the pipe isnt perfectly round? Its more oval shaped when looking from the end down the cone. Its a 3280 pipe I had here, that had a few dents and whatnot in it, was pretty beat up, so I filled it with water, and froze it. now its out of round. Thinking of trying it again, maybe just maybe it will straighten itself out. LOL
I have plugged, filled and frozen pipes before without any problems however you need to keep an eye on it and not let it stay in the freezer to long. Once you see the dings / dents are gone its time to take it out before the ice starts to deform the pipe.

Good Luck!

Put it in a vice and beat it round, OHHH forgot your don't have a vice.
blink.gif
Seriously, fill it with sand, rest on a sand bag and tune it with a dead blow.
biggrin.gif
Hammer ==={}

It will cause the boat to pull toward the side of the pipe thats is farthest out of concentricity. Orient that section of the pipe down and it will reduce the tendency for the boat to want to blow off in rough water.

Put it in a vice and beat it round, OHHH forgot your don't have a vice.
blink.gif
Seriously, fill it with sand, rest on a sand bag and tune it with a dead blow.
biggrin.gif
Hammer ==={}
Ray , welded your pipe up ...put it between two VICES and had one of the guys in the shop turn it slowly while I welded it . See you tomorrow .. :D

Lotsa help, there. Rod, there was/is ongoing with the squarewave testing, and stuff... so basically his question was, if deformities will mess up the wave/performance of the pipe..... how oval didja oval it?....

Take it to work, saw it open carefully, ( there were guys taking some of the band out the 3280 anyway), and shape the halves back round.... they tig weld there all the time, so find the guy, that does the pop can trick, and have him seal it back up.....

OR... run it... heavy side down, i guess......as its alot of work for a 50$ pipe....... run it. mike

MMotorcycle and snomobile pipes arn't round. The water formed pipes look horrible but work just as good as a hand formed one.

It will cause the boat to pull toward the side of the pipe thats is farthest out of concentricity. Orient that section of the pipe down and it will reduce the tendency for the boat to want to blow off in rough water.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a brand new 3280 that isn't round!!! Seems like it was made like this,,.. like the halfs were not straight when it was welded... I hope it runs ok,... haven't tried it yet.

In regards to your post "pull toward the side of the pipe thats is farthest out of concentricity" during your deductions for your conclusion, are you using the laws of physics, the laws of aerodynamics or the laws of KAKA?

dick

In regards to your post "pull toward the side of the pipe thats is farthest out of concentricity" during your deductions for your conclusion, are you using the laws of physics, the laws of aerodynamics or the laws of KAKA?

dick

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dick

Just the fact that the pipe belongs to Rodney.

Back