What Have You Sacrificed to The Great Pond GOD?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Archie Stanton

deleted

Attachments

• ovalserpent.jpg
    ovalserpent.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
i donated a k&b .21 can muffler at the wtc this year. then i loaned a brand new sholund h-7 to a buddy to try, & it went at our club pond. maybe i've paid my dues to the oval serpent this year............funny thing about the can muffler is that the boat ran 2 more laps after it came off. one of htv boats mod vp's, which is a v hull modified to a mod vp. tank sits very low in the hull, didn't think it would have gone 10' after losing ex. pressure :blink: .

Last edited by a moderator:
i appeased my pond god today,,, sv27 cowl,, right to the bottom...lol.. last year me and a buddy sacrificed plenty of props and shafts...hope the pond gods are happy for now,,,cause om keepin what i can...lol..

alden

I heard the pond monster just loves to snack on blown glow plugs, so I make sure I donate them often. They are much cheaper than the pipes / props / cables / cowls etc I've donated over the years.....

10 years ago I donated a AeroTwech Geraghty modded k/b best of everything at the time. It quit going down the backstretch leading and when the pickup boat got there it had escaped to Davy Jones locker.. I think about it once in a while when I go by buoy 4.................

I heard the pond monster just loves to snack on blown glow plugs, so I make sure I donate them often. They are much cheaper than the pipes / props / cables / cowls etc I've donated over the years.....
Yeah I'm with Tim on this one, ALL my blown plugs (and there have been a few lately) go to the pond monster.... Saved me only just this past weekend with my drive shaft snapping on the bench and not in the pond, so did not loose my favourite prop... :blink:

Garmin Geko GPS...in Carrolton TX...was a couple years ago. That was probably my biggest loss. Other than that, all I can remember is props.

Sean

Too many glow plugs to count, one tuned pipe in Oregon, Ohio, one complete flex cable including prop, a flywheel and cable collet at the same time and a few prop blades.

Irwin 45 OB pipe, that was on a 60lb leader. We watched it go down in about 4' ,marked it. I dove for it about 3weeks later in early April in Chicago area :eek: Brrrrrr :eek: . Pond monster didn't give it up.

Last edited:
pipes and shafts with props at homedepot retention pond Gainesville, Fl around 15 years ago..... It has been quite dry lately, and I Can't wait to take a decent metal detector out and dig up some history

Last edited by a moderator:
Wedding ring

Early Spring , cold water , reaching for a dead boat and it slipped right off my finger into the deepest part of the pond.

Good thing my wife has a sense of humour.

Tim K

Wedding ring

Early Spring , cold water , reaching for a dead boat and it slipped right off my finger into the deepest part of the pond.

Good thing my wife has a sense of humour.

Tim K
Did you ever see the movie BIG FISH

A wife, 16 years, not counting the 20 that I took off on VACATION from boats and a LOT of metal objects:lol:.

$75 for the co-pay on 5 stitches and a tetanus shot from a broken bottle when trying to locate a mud plugged Seaducer with CMB 101. Found the boat and the bottle about the same time. :(

The Gods have spared me for the most part in 30+ years of playin with this crazy stuff.......a few props, 1 flex cable that i can remember....i guess the biggie for me was a set of dummy exhaust pipes (both sides) that i turned on a lathe ONE AT A TIME for my Dayton Walther scale hydro that i blew over at the Winternats several years ago.......what a SORRY excuse for a scale hydro that thing was! :rolleyes:

10 tuned pipes from .21 to .90 Too many props to remember, radiobox lid (along with the reciver,batt pack, servo's and the mid section of my SGX) was a heck of a crash. Cowls galore, needle vavles, gas tanks the list go's on....... Man this is getting depressing

i have a missing K&B 7.5 that went to the bottom with most of my transom after stuffing blew the transom right out of the hull thought the small crack was just in the gelcoat my bad :eek:

Back