What have we come to ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree bout the lightning strike David, To early to get a handel on the shooter, But there is a pattern comming out.

What I heard was he had his older brothers ID, the teachers class effected and his mother.

One lived with mother other with father, and a second shooting at one of the households yet undisclosed.

Statement was from state police round 4pm.

Again this info is changing hourly........

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
We have more guns per capita than any other civilized nation, So if the argument was that they make you safer, we should be also, not the opposite.

I am a NRA member, have many friends that also have their CCW's, all responsible people. Where it happens is: Did he borrow the guns, did he steal them, or obtain them like about 40%, without check and verify.

Taking drugs off the street hasn't stopped the drug problem, Taking guns wont fix this. Our founding fathers didn't write the Articles with this playing thru their heads.

We as a people have become our own worst enemy. Look where it came from in the 1800's to now.And there are countries around the world watching this very thing unfold once again, And some of them want to play, but on a much larger scale.

Time to pack some clean underwear.

And now all the gun control freaks will come pouring out of the woodwork again screaming for outlawing guns. The gun didn't kill, the a-hole holding it did who is yet another product of a wussified society. Too many of the kids today are not being taught how to accept and deal with failure or rejection, they are coddled and praised at every turn, are told "nobody's a loser, everyone's a winner" and are not being disciplined when they step out of line. Now so many grow up having no fear, no responsibility and no accountability for their actions and treat life like one of the video games they've played. Top that with how it's always someone else's fault and "not my child they're perfect" and you have a recipe for disaster. Then when they get out in the real world and life starts kicking them in the tail they can't handle it and flip out. Last week the Oregon shooter lost it over his girl friend dumping him!!! REALLY!?!?!?!? This has NOTHING to do with guns and EVERYTHING to do with the lack of morals, respect, guidance and discipline. This liberal society we have allowed to be created is a bus going towards the cliff with nobody at the wheel and a brick on the gas pedal......................
I have to agree i have been shooting guns and fighting wars for 10 plus years. the weapons are there but its the individual that pulls the trigger..

this is very sad thing that just happend and specially around the holidays. like i have always said guns dont kill people is the person behind the weapon that does the killing..

my prayers for all the families involved..

Julian

I just heard the shooters mother bought him the gun(s)...she's dead....i own a gun, believe in the right to have a gun.....BUT, we really need to take SERIOUS consideration as to the body count over say, the last 10 years as a result of the WRONG people who were able to aquire guns.....

Restricting guns will do nothing....Kids are not being raised anymore, they are being babysat...Parents don't parent anymore....TVs and video games babysit...our kids are desensitized to violence....they kill people in video games for hours a day. Families don't sit down and talk anymore...these kids are on their own and this is the result.

Another scumbag product of a zero consequence society . Too awful to talk about . All day I have been in knots over this and doubt I will get over it anytime soon . Just incomprehensible .

Sadly, you are correct. This will ignite the fires for the gun control crowd to pass more laws that do little to prevent things like this from happening. Unfortunately, when atrocities like this happen, people want simple answers and simple solutions... hence gun control.

The younger generation’s inability to cope with life’s difficulties is a major contributing factor in my opinion. First person shooter video games make mass killing seem… Well, like a video game.

I was not going to say anything about video games but it was my frist thought...

Grim
This is a time to support those who are suffering this tragedy. That said I also have wondered why we allow violent video games to be so prevalent and played by our youth. By the time a kid reaches high school how many times have they pulled the trigger and extinguished a virtual life. With this backround training and desensitation does it surprise you a few not so stable ones will take it to reality. There are obviously other causes for violence but to me these "games" are a very negative training tool.

Again my sympathies and prayers to all.

Mic

Sadly, you are correct. This will ignite the fires for the gun control crowd to pass more laws that do little to prevent things like this from happening. Unfortunately, when atrocities like this happen, people want simple answers and simple solutions... hence gun control.

The younger generation’s inability to cope with life’s difficulties is a major contributing factor in my opinion. First person shooter video games make mass killing seem… Well, like a video game.

I was not going to say anything about video games but it was my frist thought...

Grim
This is a time to support those who are suffering this tragedy. That said I also have wondered why we allow violent video games to be so prevalent and played by our youth. By the time a kid reaches high school how many times have they pulled the trigger and extinguished a virtual life. With this backround training and desensitation does it surprise you a few not so stable ones will take it to reality. There are obviously other causes for violence but to me these "games" are a very negative training tool.

Again my sympathies and prayers to all.

Mic
You could not be more right

How do i even begin to explain these things to my Granddaughters? How does one tell thier children there is not much that can be done stop such an act, and expect a child to be "okay" with such an answer? THIS DID NOT HAPPEN WHEN I WAS A CHILD! Mic, the sad truth is the second we try to control the video games,(how i wish we could!)i guarantee you the whiners will shout the "C" word loud and far........ that being said, i absoluly agree with you 100%.

when someone is not right in the head it does not matter if its a man,women or child. once they commit to what they are going to do who they attack is irrelevant they just attack. plus from what the news are saying is that the shooter also had autism too that does not help the situation.. the weapons that was involved was also legally owned and registered to the mother of the shooter.

so the shooter went with the intentions of killing the mother now why did he take it out on the children and other adults we will never know..

It is awful to here this.An ass hole went in to a mall in Oregon not far from were i live and opened fire.I Have a conciled permit and carry a gun every were with me.I fill every law abiding citezen should.What good dose un armed security do?

Parenting.. People should not have kids if they do not have the ability or time to raise them. Either they are too lazy or stupid to have children but do,, OR they are too busy working to make money, either to survive or keep up with "the Jones"

If people are idiots they should not have children, if they want to have a "super career" drive fancy cars, carry designer purses and wear Rolexs, well..." goodie goodie gumsdrops" for them. HOWEVER having to neglect spending quality time with thier Children to get all these things is not the way to go. I would rather drive an old car, wear a Casio watch and have a well adjusted kid then let TV, video games, faceless book, or a teacher with 30 other kids in the classroom raise them. Even teachers cannot disipline kids like they did when I was in school, (anyone remember the paddle?)

Every screwed up moron I grew up with always had cloths and food, went to good schools, nice cars given to them, you name it. They did not have parents who truely gave them love and spent quality time with them. On the other side of the coin if they were not well taken care of in that manner; thier parents lived in bars, slept all over town, and were more concerned about having a "party" then pay attention to little "Johnny" or using the beer money to pay for school supplies or new shoes.

Makes me wanna puke.

It is awful to here this.An ass hole went in to a mall in Oregon not far from were i live and opened fire.I Have a conciled permit and carry a gun every were with me.I fill every law abiding citezen should.What good dose un armed security do?
same here robert.. The problem with everyone having a weapon is comes down to discipline and weapons training. you would also run into the problem just because you have a weapon and you see something happening you cannot engage that individual unless you are in direct danger. so just because you have a weapon does not mean you can use it.

the law will say well why did you engage the individual when you could have got away from the situation even if you helped saving lives you will be in trouble with the law because of that.. you have to remember the weapon is for your protection only..

unarmed security is useless but thats the employers issue. in TN our mall security is armed..

julian

Parenting.. People should not have kids if they do not have the ability or time to raise them. Either they are too lazy or stupid to have children but do,, OR they are too busy working to make money, either to survive or keep up with "the Jones"

If people are idiots they should not have children, if they want to have a "super career" drive fancy cars, carry designer purses and wear Rolexs, well..." goodie goodie gumsdrops" for them. HOWEVER having to neglect spending quality time with thier Children to get all these things is not the way to go. I would rather drive an old car, wear a Casio watch and have a well adjusted kid then let TV, video games, faceless book, or a teacher with 30 other kids in the classroom raise them. Even teachers cannot disipline kids like they did when I was in school, (anyone remember the paddle?)

Every screwed up moron I grew up with always had cloths and food, went to good schools, nice cars given to them, you name it. They did not have parents who truely gave them love and spent quality time with them. On the other side of the coin if they were not well taken care of in that manner; thier parents lived in bars, slept all over town, and were more concerned about having a "party" then pay attention to little "Johnny" or using the beer money to pay for school supplies or new shoes.

Makes me wanna puke.
norm i can relate to that when i was going up i was playing games like Mortal Kombat, Street fighter, Silet Scope, and alot of 1st person shooter games like unreal tournament ect. my mom had to work hard to maintain our house hold and 2 little kids my brother and I plus she worked more than what she was spending time with us and she also like to party too she was a young women in her 20's whe we was little..

parenting is important and i have to agree but at the same time we knew what was right and wrong and at the end you can have the best parenting in the world but we as individuals choose the path we want to go regardless if its right or wrong..

I choose to get in the military and so did my brother and we grew up playing those games everyone hates and we never commited a crime or anything crazy. it comes down to making the right decision and some just dont and they accept the consequences for there actions..

gorwing up we did everything we were taught not to do Drinking under age, smoking, running out the house and going to partites, fighting ect. we knew it was the wrong thing to do but that did not stop us from doing it we accepted the fact we was going to get our azzes handed to us by mom if we got caught but we still did it.

Julian

.....growing up we did everything we were taught not to do drinking under age, smoking, running out the house and going to parties, fighting etc. we knew it was the wrong thing to do but that did not stop us from doing it we accepted the fact we was going to get our azzes handed to us by mom if we got caught but we still did it.
AND THERE IN LIES THE PROBLEM!!! This is EXACTLY what I meant the last time we chatted on the phone about political sides Julian. What you are seeing is a direct result of the liberal left's idea of raising children, they have made disciplining one's child a frikkin' crime. Kids these days have NO FEAR of that as they're taught if mommy or daddy spanks them they can be arrested! Now the same liberal left is screaming about gun control and will blame the conservative right who support the 2nd amendment yet they refuse to acknowledge the 1000 pound gorilla in the room named NO PROPER PARENTING!! Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's ok to randomly beat a kid but this no spanking just give them a time out BS is just that. When I was a kid the single phrase that scared me the most was "wait 'til your father gets home". I'd say more the 90% of the time dad would sit me down and chew me out but if a butt whoopin' was truly warranted then that's what I got! Until society gets back to teaching kids respect, accountability and responsibility this will only get worse, all the gun control in the world won't stop it as there's plenty of other ways to kill.......

.....growing up we did everything we were taught not to do drinking under age, smoking, running out the house and going to parties, fighting etc. we knew it was the wrong thing to do but that did not stop us from doing it we accepted the fact we was going to get our azzes handed to us by mom if we got caught but we still did it.
AND THERE IN LIES THE PROBLEM!!! This is EXACTLY what I meant the last time we chatted on the phone about political sides Julian. What you are seeing is a direct result of the liberal left's idea of raising children, they have made disciplining one's child a frikkin' crime. Kids these days have NO FEAR of that as they're taught if mommy or daddy spanks them they can be arrested! Now the same liberal left is screaming about gun control and will blame the conservative right who support the 2nd amendment yet they refuse to acknowledge the 1000 pound gorilla in the room named NO PROPER PARENTING!! Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's ok to randomly beat a kid but this no spanking just give them a time out BS is just that. When I was a kid the single phrase that scared me the most was "wait 'til your father gets home". I'd say more the 90% of the time dad would sit me down and chew me out but if a butt whoopin' was truly warranted then that's what I got! Until society gets back to teaching kids respect, accountability and responsibility this will only get worse, all the gun control in the world won't stop it as there's plenty of other ways to kill.......
and I agree with you. Kids need to be disciplined and sometimes get there azzes whooped thats not a crime..

In this case as more details come out the young mans mental issues focused on his mother and just two rooms at the school,

Im gonna say it was "you care more about your work and them than you do me"

Taken to a extreme and tragic outcome.

Gene

Other developed countries in the world have similar laws regarding what levels of discipline for kids are considered unnacceptable, have parents working long hours etc etc.

There is gun control where I live, but there are still shootings. Generally it's one criminal element taking out another criminal element, not innocent 7 year old kids.......

The other developed countries in the world have a considerably lower rate of homicides. It's not zero, but it is a lot less likely if it is harder for someone with problems to get their hands on something designed to end multiple lives in the shortest possible amount of time.

Just sayin'

The frequency of these types of things occurring is a worry.

Latest posts

Back