What engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand completely Scott, and I agree that the stock Pioneers are great motors.

To clarify a little;

Mitch designed the Pioneer to be completely different than any utility based gas motor, and he sells a lot of them ( relative to the size of the gas boat hobby ) as "stock". He hasn't the time or interest to get into all the flow and detail work that we put into our customer's engines. It would do Mitch no good to do a stock to SRI dyno comparison no matter the result. And to be perfectly honest, as long as our customers keep giggling and smiling at their SRIs, I really don't care what a dyno would show. But when the subject of output comes up, I always say " We guaranty our SRIs to put out 2 3/4HP ". LOL The vast majority of our customers are looking for something "more". Some of them have seen, or second party heard of, someone else's SRI running really strong. Maybe you will witness one sometime, so YOU can judge. They even have a distinctive sound as well.

Enjoy your Pioneers.
Wow

Last edited by a moderator:
That did not come across the way I intended! MY BAD!

The "intent" was; The amount of additional time it takes would translate into more costs. My apologies to everyone. I'm done.

To mention that QD does not have any interest nor time to get into the flow and detail work with their engines is not the case, since they built their engines for the masses with the least amount of required maintenance and the most power and reliability for the cost so all could enjoy.

Sending it over to QD to run on a dyno is a good idea to compare with a stock QD and to see the difference between the two engines or have a customer of yours in the states send it to QD for a dyno pull and you have nothing to loose ...well except for it's not you doing the dyno pull and the equipment isn't yours to be manipulated and the ($300. + shipping) bang for the amount of buck' paid isn't justifiable, then it would be better not to have the engine dynoed,,,Different combustion chamber design ..wonder if it is a Toroidal, shorten intake, polished exhaust port, Teflon water cap gasket & case engraving and all original QD parts.....all internals are Zenoah...you toot a pretty good piped-piper melody!...lol

Iam a SRI engines owner and can tell you they are some pretty stout performers. Yes QD has designed a great platform that we all can agree on. At SRI they are workers of detail and enhancements , in my experience in the last 18yrs testing with numerous engines and combinations SRI has has helped me achieve record setting speeds with there modifications. So unless you have one theres really no need to feed this post with accusations.

Hi Wally-.....any accusations are facts that was left out of the post.....sorta like all the recent speed records you have done and posted and talked about not once have you mentioned or even disclose the truth of the VP fuel you have been using, which it has more of the oxygenated chemicals added from the local supplier to have approximately 10%-20% more oxygenated content added to the fuel compared to the standard 10% oxygenated fuel that is normally available to everyone else and the extra oxygen content which was added enabled you to break over the 95 mph mark according to Richie Zuhl.....not to mention all the engine failures and severe wear from using the high O2 content....
default_rolleyes.gif

Les , you must have me confused with somebody else , I knew Richie was using VP fuels awhile back. Iam a firm believer in 87 pump gas and thats all I use. So please do not assume iam leaving out the truth. Many people in this hobby have ruined their reputation stating false information and Iam not known for telling stories and never will.

Wally

Wally No confusion......the information was passed on to me from Richie Zuhl when I was doing the Toroidal Heads and he was inquiring about them, because he was using the QJ 36 mm cylinder head with an inserted chamber, since one can not tell if it is a 26 or a 30.5 cc by just looking at it and it appears to be a 26 cc and he brought up the VP fuel info and he verbalized freely on the information....if what you mentioned is true then you have nothing to worry about and one would have to ask Richie why he included you, for I have no idea for his reasons why.

I have never even spoke a word with Richie , that messed up how he would make such remarks without knowing anything about me. For the record I owe my accomplishments to SRI Motorsports and my ability to set/up and modify props. Definately not because of oxygenated fuel lmao.

I contacted Richie Zuhl this evening just to clear up anything that may have been said about me using Oxygenated fuel and this was his response , I simply asked if he had made this comment. These are his words:

A total falsehood !!!!! I am the one who uses this !! And I don't. Real records or boast about anything !!! My best speed is 90 ! And whith a load of homemade fuel !!!

Jeez Wally, I knew you musta been cheatin!

It couldn't have been the hundreds upon hundreds of hours you've spent over the last several years that propelled you to 95+ mph with a gas Cat, that'd be too easy!
107.gif

Those SRIs of Wally's STINK! LOL

I LOVE the smell of race gas, but when Wally's Motors come back to our shop at the end of the year, they stink of that "mud" the gas companies call "regular 87". LOL But I can't complain when they're runnin that hard!

Thanks Terry , yeah its been just a few weeks but man it paid off huge lmao ! J/K

I agree Dennis , those Dang shiny exhaust ports and Teflon cooling cap gaskets got them pumping out some serious ponies !

Let's get back to square one. The first is cost. $3-400.00, $1,200.00 or somewhere in between. I've had good luck using Suicidal's if you're looking for someone more local. We could mention engines modders all day long as people have their favorites. I've got 2 Motorhead's motors but I don't know if Scott Schneider is still working on them or not.

You'll probably want to stick with a 26cc unless you plan on Open Gas class racing around here. You've got some fast nitro-burners so a gas boat for you you'd want to scoot also. I don't know what hull you've picked but you've spend plenty of time in the launch area to see what you like.

Back