What do you suggest 7.5 Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well what had happened was... You won B MOD and that ain't supposed to HAPPEN!

Jokes aside, it was a racing mishap and only the parties involved know what really happened. We all want to be raced fairly and I hope that continues. It's easy to destroy a bunch of equipment by being careless.

I cut and pitched the prop we ran so I know what my numbers were. Thankfully with the win in A Mod we got enough to pay for half of the 7.5 lawless. Hopefully we can get a cowling in the mold soon. Boat is still solid as a rock minus the hole the size of a 12 ga slug in the front of the radio box.

Don't worry, we will be back to make you blow it over or stuff a bouy lol push it to the limit!

Lol Will. Thats two in a row that I wasnt supposed to win!!!

Looking forward to Atlanta and Charleston. More close racing to come. Hats off to Corey. He got me in A Stock. We had a great race for about three laps until I drifted in one turn and he got inside. Great clean racing, what its all about. Ill see you guys at another race soon.

Hey an old aerotech powered by Nova 46 made the podium in 40 tunnel at the winter nats!
default_wink.png
we had a great race with Corey in qualifier #3 for about 4 laps until the buoy jumped out in front of us...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey an old aerotech powered by Nova 46 made the podium in 40 tunnel at the winter nats!
default_wink.png
we had a great race with Corey in qualifier #3 for about 4 laps until the buoy jumped out in front of us...
Yes Sam, your Dad's Aerotech looked great on the water. Congrats again to him on a strong finish to the weekend.

Sorry Ron, my bad.
Lol. I was beginning to think Mitch gave you a bag of his "Sweet Georgia Pine" hahahaha. It was great seeing you guys. It has been a while. Congrats again on the B Stock win to your son Zack!!!! He is a great driver already. All of us had better be on our toes when he is in our heat.
now who is on the "Sweet Georgia Pine" hahaha

No THORS in the mix Ron? They were the best thing since sliced bread?
default_tongue.png

And thank you Shawn, Corey needs some more wheel time behind tha bad boy...I think he gets too excited whne he hits the throttle
default_laugh.png
LOL. Is Zack Junker not his son????? Brother???? Heck, shows you what I know. He is an impressive driver.
No THORS this time Kris but Carl has sent me a THOR Karma to run at the WTC. It is his latest updated design. I have not had a chance to test with it yet. Probably Atlanta so it will be ready for the WTC. Stay tuned.....
I have had several people ask me for a picture of the KARMA, a joint tunnel project between Carl Van Houten and I. Here it is, compliments of JJ!!! Engine is still breaking in but I can tell you already that it shows signs of being one of the best 21 mod tunnels Carl has ever built. Thanks Carl.
Special thanks goes out to Kentley Porter for completing the build for me. He does such an awesome job on his builds, especially the fine details.

I have been racing longer than most of you, and I have driven just about every kind of tunnel made. I have come to the conclusion that great boats don't really win races, but great drivers do! Buy a boat you like, rig it correctly with a good motor/pipe/prop combination. Then drive, drive, drive the boat until you know every characteristic of the boat. Don't try to drive beyond your abilities, or the boat's. Lastly, get a backer who can get you on the clock for the start. It is much easier to finish first, if you are first at the start. Don't try to win the race in the first turn. And last, but not least, " in order to finish first, you must first finish.

BOB

That is what I got taught over 20 year's ago > And last, but not least, " in order to finish first, you must first finish.

Must have been a Club Member friend we both know .... LOL

Bob Kensill

Bob knows whats going on, his words are spot on...don't jump on a train because everyone else is.

Especially when that train has been to the wrong destination in the past.

Just a quick edit to make sure people dont get knickers in a knot

I have been racing longer than most of you, and I have driven just about every kind of tunnel made. I have come to the conclusion that great boats don't really win races, but great drivers do! Buy a boat you like, rig it correctly with a good motor/pipe/prop combination. Then drive, drive, drive the boat until you know every characteristic of the boat. Don't try to drive beyond your abilities, or the boat's. Lastly, get a backer who can get you on the clock for the start. It is much easier to finish first, if you are first at the start. Don't try to win the race in the first turn. And last, but not least, " in order to finish first, you must first finish.
Very wise advice from a very good racer!! I have just one thing to add, from The Hammer -"0 DNF's = wood"

Yes, driving, setup, and lap times are a big part of any form of racing.

Back