What batteries for P Limited Rigger?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never thought about that. Draw the line wide enough and she'll never be sure if you need an intervention or not.............is he crazy? I guess not.......it's just a hobby.

We could always threaten to keep the money we blow on boats so that we can use it at strip club. They love that. I joke but my wife has the patience of a saint. I haven't missed a club race in 3 years.

So.......ah.......yeah, batteries. 4s5000mah at 45c should be be oky doky for most people.

Anyone here tried the A-spec batts from Hobbyking and yes 45C is what I've been running with good results.Thanks guys Gill

It seems that 5000's are about 50% heavier than 3700's? Does that make much difference? What is a competitive weight for a P Spec rigger?

All of this info is great. Thanks!

Good info about spending boat $$$ on strippers too! :)

I ran 4200's in a P-Limited sport hydro and my batteries were getting a little too warm for my liking. That was with two 2S Hyperion 45C packs in series. Don't know if it was a fluke or just because I was running them in a heavier sport hydro that was a little over propped. I just stuck with 5000' for all my P-Lims after that and performance has been good enough where I havent looked back. I might try 4200's again but don't think I would go below that. You can start stressing the packs which will reduce their life. Heat is the enemy. I try to keep packs, motor and controller 130 degrees or less. Caps on an esc can get a little hotter and thats okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran 4200's in a P-Limited sport hydro and my batteries were getting a little too warm for my liking. That was with two 2S Hyperion 45C packs in series. Don't know if it was a fluke or just because I was running them in a heavier sport hydro that was a little over propped. I just stuck with 5000' for all my P-Lims after that and performance has been good enough where I havent looked back. I might try 4200's again but don't think I would go below that. You can start stressing the packs which will reduce their life. Heat is the enemy. I try to keep packs, motor and controller 130 degrees or less. Caps on an esc can get a little hotter and thats okay.
Amen to that bro....I run Hyp. 5000 35C's in my P-lim. tunnel and I have about 12% left on my packs after a heat...very warm packs and the bullets are practically unsoldered at that point! I know...hot setup but I like the on the edge setup...lol!

Back