Want to convert my phil thomas ,to p hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadjit69

Supporting Member
Hi,want to convert my sport 20 hydro to p hydro.what is acquirements?what parts to get?motor,mounts,controller and batteries...props,thanks.
Any info.would help..looks fun to run

I would recommend running 4S2P and use 5000-6000mAh size cells. Th extra weight helps need the hull down at high speeds but does make starting from a standstill tricky. Good brands are RoaringTop, SMC, Dinogy, HobbyKing Graphene. Look for a minimum C rating of 45C.

Look no further than the Castle X8S hydra ESC. This will work perfectly for P or L-Ltd. HYDRA X 8S, 33.6V ESC, 8A PEAK BEC

Stumpfab and Offshore electrics should be carrying them soon.

The motor selection is wide open. You can go with a 36mm or 40mm motor with a KV between 2200-2700 as a good range. Something like a TP3650 or 4060.

.150 cable is fine unless you plan on putting stupid power in the boat. Run Teflon in 9/32 stuffing tube which will allow you to change between .150 with Teflon or .187 without.

Sport 20 size boats are definitely too small for the new P motors. The TenShock is rated at 3000 watts which is about 4 hp. That's close to 67 nitro power. I've been pulling close to 200 amps maximum on 4S with my Black Pearl sport hydro and shortened Leecraft XT-460 tunnel. The 34" length is getting too short. Both of the above boats are only slightly shorter than 34".

Lohring Miller

good god how do you guys build such clean boats? mine look put together by methbillies with a stolen dremel.

Back