Salisbury Pipes Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxracer

Seeing as how finding a Cooper pipe is next to impossible, exploring other options and looking at the Salisbury pipes. My question is which is the better pipe to own, the NR-21 OB or the RS-21 OB? And what's the difference between the two?

Btw, if anybody has a Cooper pipe laying around collecting dust, pm me as I'd definitely be interested. Figured it's worth a shot.

Thanks,

-Mitch

Last edited by a moderator:
What engine? The RS is a torque pipe and nr is a rpm pipe. Have you had any luck with the Gadjet?

Go with the NR-21, I have used it on every brand of motor I i have had. Buy the unmuffled version

The RS 21OB is the pipe to have on a Nova. It is the same as the NR21 inboard pipe (confusing?) Haha

for reference go back and see Ozspec outboard videos for how good it is...never tested back to back but both pipes are good

I have found the RS to be the best all round pipe of the two.

I prefer the NR on engines with a little less exh timing. RS for the Keep OB and alike.

Guys. I KEEP, (no pun intended), Jeremy's outboard pipes in stock on the website for convenience. They are great pipes on the Novarossi OB engines.

Have any of you guys run either of these pipes vs an Irwin stamped? That's usually my standard behind the Cooper.

And Kevin, I ran the Gadjet. It hits hard when it's on but really finicky on the power band and doesn't have the torque I was looking for. Fast if you prop down and get it to spin rpms though.

-Mitch

From all reports, the SPP hits harder than a Gadgit. SPP has more "power" but can be not as nice to heat race with unless you play with your setup.

not sure on the stamped pipe testing., dont have an irwin for 20 boats.

it had alot of powered compared to my cooper but I have not tested same engine back to back.

Mitch i have the irwin and both spps.

I agree with brad, the sp is a great all round pipe.

i prefer the NR of the three.

the irwin is also a good pipe.

I think no matter which is chosen it can be made to go just as fast... its all about testing and nailing that set up.

The SPP NR-21 has been the fastest overall. Picco X3, Nova tunnel heat racing setup- 63mph

Back