What about an Off Topic

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Just curious if anyone else thought it would be a good idea to have an Off Topic forum?

I for one dont mind...but wasnt sure if anyone got annoyed by off topics being posted in the general RC forum?

Kris

An off topic forum might be a good idea if there are enough off topics coming in. I figured most everybody here would like to see something like the Ken Warby web site. Maybe call it the Motorsports Forum or the Speed Freaks Forum.

ive never had a problem with off topics posted anywhere...... if you dont like the title dont read it..... i dont believe we have soo many that it is a problem...... but if you guys really want one it can be done.

Sounds interesting to me. I enjoyed reading what Andy posted on the Top Fuel and Funny Car motors being a big fan of Drag racing and all other kinds of racing that has an engine. OK, I really don't like Formula 1 cars much though.

I still want a forum for the .12 sized boats! :D

Don't ruin this board by adding stupid forums that have nothing to do with model boats. :angry:

Open a cookbook if you want recipies. Stupid jokes can be found anywhere, lets keep this site on track.

Too many other boards have been ruined by sensless idle blather.

Oh....and I second Ron's request. The .12's are real popular now and could use a special forum.

Too bad there is no REAL competition for the Firefighter .12 rigger kits at this point. ;) Come on guys, get designing. You will come up with something that will beat a Firefighter someday!

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a forum for .12 sized boats would be great. The engines are relatively inexpensive for newbies like me, but there just isn't much info around the web to find parts for a .12 boat like there is for a .21 boat. For instance Octuras prop catalog gives recomendations for different boat setups which is great, as long as you are running a .21 or bigger. Us new people are left in the dark when guessing for prop sizes for a .12 mono/crackerbox surface drive. Does anybody make a quiet tuned pipe for a .12 engine?

Mac makes a muffled tuned pipe for .12 size engines. Also any of the car pipes that are dual chambered should be quiter than a regular tuned pipe. Try this site, www.macspro.com

I believe Tom's only concern is if a specific forum stays active, The idea of one for .12's is a good idea to me also, We got a lot of em so far, Riggers, Cats and Mono's. Mike Z. is offering a pro built Wild Thing .12 Mono.

It would be nice to have all the info in one spot , Just like I had to ask about flywheels cause I could not find the post that had already addressed that question.

As far as beat'n a FF .12? Look out for project "Xperimental .12 Hydro"

I am cuttin wood now.......... :p :D

Thanks for the website, I've been looking at the MAC's pipes on the Tower hobbies website, and they didn't list the muffled one there for the .12 . How does the Hammerhead .12, or the old Dumas Rascal compair to the FF .12 . I only ask because the Lil Rascal kit is only $31 now.

I dont think we need a seprate board for off topics.

Just stick them in general topics. Someone said something about what Andy wrote for the top fuel car, I found that good info to read. I mean if people put things like that up, I dont feel its a big deal. as long as it dont get too loose, i think it will be fine in the general.

NT

How does the....old Dumas Rascal compair to the FF .12 . I only ask because the Lil Rascal kit is only $31 now.
MARK, NOT A WORD!!! <_<

As for off topic threads, they have been scattered about this forum as long as I can remember. People that are interested read them, and then they fade away. Haven't noticed any problems with the forums being plugged up by them.

Spraguepsycho1 said:
Thanks for the website, I've been looking at the MAC's pipes on the Tower hobbies website, and they didn't list the muffled one there for the .12 . How does the Hammerhead .12, or the old Dumas Rascal compair to the FF .12 . I only ask because the Lil Rascal kit is only $31 now.
Of course i'm highly biased..... but i don't think anyone will disagree with me really.....

the FF12 is a great rigger! it uses modern design techniques and a very simple/light building process. I think you will really like it..... i great running design. and it is very well priced i believe..... all laser cut wood.

the hammerhead 12 is not available not much to compare there yet :p

the dumas rascall is a very very old design. i believe you will have a lot of troubles with one unless you make major modifications. The dumas rascal will have all die crushed.... uhhh die cut parts. they can be difficult to get good joints with. When I made my dumas Hawk I used 98% of my own wood..... mostly because of that reason.

Slideblues said:
I believe Tom's only concern is if a specific forum stays active,

that is correct gene.

As far as beat'n a FF .12? Look out for project "Xperimental .12 Hydro"

I am cuttin wood now..........  :p   :D
shhhh project "Super Mod FF12" is under development..... now if I can just get my dam cad files to work properly :angry:

Last edited:
Slideblues said:
As far as beat'n a FF .12? Look out for project "Xperimental .12 Hydro"I am cuttin wood now.......... :p :D
How often do we se the word "project" in Gene's posts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey hey hey....dont get upset :)

I for one am not worried about the amount of other items being posted...i would also prefer the minimal forums so the info can actual be seen by others...

Kris

He,He,He,

Timbo,

Haaaaaaay.........I resemble that remark!!!!! :rolleyes:

Tom,

Supermod FF.12 ? Kewl this sounds like FUN!!!!

Phase III Racing: Maker of sawdust and scrap........... :wacko:

The dumas rascal will have all die crushed.... uhhh die cut parts. they can be difficult to get good joints with.
I know what you mean about the die crushed parts lol, in fact I had to remake a few parts for my Sk-Daddle Too because the die didn't cut far enough thru some parts to seperate from the sheets so I broke em (I was only 10 at the time and wasn't smart enough to use a exacto knife to seperate them) lol.

Latest posts

Back