West Systems pumps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again this is my experience, most cups with pre-establish graduations don't necessarily work for the 5:1 ratio the typical West Systems hardeners require. A $15 gram scale, cheap disposable cups, and a few squeeze bottles provide me plenty of flexibility. I can mix, as small as, 15gram batches. Your mileage may vary.

Later,
Ball

You got a link to where you get those or is it local pharmacy ? I waste a lot of epoxy .
Tom,

I'd guess you could get the graduated cups, and I KNOW you can get the graduated syringes, at a farm supply store, like Tractor Supply.

With the syringes, I am able to mix up as little as 1.2cc of West epoxy (probably .6cc if I really wanted to), with a fair bit of precision. It's great for those little details that always seem to pop up toward the end of a build.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Tap Plastics sells a bag of 100 1 1/2 oz gradiated micing cups. I've been eyeballing with the mini graduated cup and never had a problem until my last batch. I got the kitchen scale out yesterday and I really like it. I'm using a 2 to 1 epoxy and went with 20 ml of resin and 9 ml of hardener to error on the safe side. Set up great.

Last edited:
Get a small scale, a couple of condiment bottles, and a boat-load (ha!) of 1 and 2oz condiment cups and you can make all the tiny batches you'll ever want.
Do this for West Systems 5:1 epoxy;

* Turn on the scale and press 'Mode' until you get to the gram scale
* Press -0- once to calibrate the zero point with nothing on the scale
* Put a cup on the scale and press 'Tare' (this zero's the scale to the cup)
* Now squirt a small amount of hardener into the cup, amount dependant upon what you think you'll need for the job, and watch the scale tick up. To make our point let's say you put .5 gram in the cup
* Multiply that amount (.5 in our case) by 6 (for us it's .5 x 6 = 3.0)
* Now add the resin and watch the scale tick up, stopping at 3.0 gram
* VIOLA! You're done! Mix it up and slap it on your boat!

Weigh Gram Scale Digital Pocket Scale,100g by 0.01g,Digital Grams Scale, Food Scale, Jewelry Scale Black, Kitchen Scale 100g(TOP-100) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y61YW7S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ly7AEb50TDXMV

Grayson I just realized my answer didn't address your original question... How rude! Sorry about that.
Yes the pumps will drip and yes it's a sticky mess unless you address it on day one.
I simply set one condiment cup on top of the resin can and one on the hardener can and rotate the pump nozzle into position above the cup after using. The inevitable drips land in the cups.... Bingo.

[100 Sets - 2 oz.] Plastic Portion Cups With Lids, Souffle Cups, Jello Shot Cups https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7W9BUX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uR7AEb5WXHA8B

I must have the majic no drip pumps.
Been using these same two pumps for 6 years and on my third quart and do not recall a single drop every dripping out of the pumps.
The hardener oozes around the cap slightly but that's it and we have some 40° temp swings here in Ocala and was in Fort Lauderdale before so it gets hot in the garage sometimes. Never a drop has come out or I certainly would not leave them as you see without something under them.

Haven't touched them in two months. I use 1:1 ratio epoxy for general epoxy needs so the West in the cans is for the bigger jobs.
KRUnbqU.jpg

Back