West Systems 207

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

I am building a Whip and want the finish as nice as I can get it. Never used 207,from what I read its still 5 to 1 right? I mix on a scale. How well does it flow and should it be thinned?

• Dispensing without Mini Pumps (Weight/volume measure) - To measure 105 Resin and 205 or 206 Hardener by weight or volume, combine five parts resin with one part hardener. To measure 105 Resin and 207 or 209 Hardener by volume, combine three parts resin with one part hardener (by weight, 3.5 parts resin-1 part hardener).

DON'T THIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd use the pumps and not hassle with it. West's tends to flow fairly well at room temperature, better still when heated up. Since 207 is formulated for glassing and coating, it should work fine for coating your boat. On my Pak hull, I coated it with 209 brushed on with an acid brush. It actually looks good, not up to my standards for a final finish due to soaking in overlapping cured with fresh but, with some sanding, it's ready to paint

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the Zpoxy finishing resin and I am sorry I did. I doesn't hold up to nitro. My 2 rigger will need new tubs ,after 1/2 a season.

Back