Wave Slave Revival

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a run my wife took a video of this afternoon. I'd say the needle is almost there. Maybe a few more tanks of fuel and a few more clicks on the needle. I can tell this 35+ is going to be a rocket. This is running a props4U 1614/3 chopper. I really like this prop.

Marty,

You will need more propeller in a month once the motor

Breaks in. How did the racing go on the 4th of July?

Did the new propeller keep up with Jim's boat?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,

You will need more propeller in a month once the motor

Breaks in. How did the racing go on the 4th of July?

Did the new propeller keep up with Jim's boat?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

[/quote

I got 2nd in both .12 hydro and 20 mono. Jim won .12 Hydro. For the 1st heat, I had a pinched fuel line that I didn't catch in time, so I didn't get in the water. I won the second heat, and got 2nd to Jim's win in the 3rd heat. I think Jim didn't finish one of his heats because he ended up with 725 and I ended up with 700. I had a bad start in the 3rd heat, so I just played it safe and went for the finish. Jim was running really good in the last heat, I wouldn't have had a chance to catch him with out wiping out trying. 20 mono wasn't pretty. I messed with the needle during open water and couldn't get it back. I won the first heat with a top speed of about 10mph. All the other boats were disqualified or wiped out. I got 3rd place in the 2nd heat with about the same top speed. 3 of the the boats didn't finish. And the last heat, I was almost getting pipe, but the boat died for some reason. If I would have left the needle alone, I would've taken 3rd in that heat subsequently winning the class. I would've only needed to get 225 more points to guarantee the win. I was warned that if I were to attend the next points race with the 20 mono, I would need to muffle it. It is extremely loud. I have a Rum Racing muffler on the way.

All in all, I had a real good time. This was only my second race in the States.. I think I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Jim's already talking smack about the next race. Lovely rival, I would say
biggrin.gif
. Don't worry Jim! I will bring my A game. Whether it's as good as your A game.....? Anyway, I think I need to work on my starting and lane protection technics a bit. To be honest, I think my rigger's design is at its limitations the way it's set up now. If I did something about the turn fin and spar and the sponson arm length, I know I could race with more confidence. I just don't have time. Being it's a scratch built rigger, though, I'm just happy to be competitive with the JAE 12s. No offense to the guys at JAE. I do think the 40X53 is an awesome prop, Mark. I can't tell if it's faster than the 1440, though. I need to see a video or a radar reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Marty,

I was just ribbing you a bit about the A game, however, the next race is a points race and every heat counts. I would say your .12 boat was a bit faster than the last race but still needs a little something to make it sing. I didn't even get a decent needle on mine all day on the 4th but it ran good enough to win with,if I hadn't dumped in the first heat it wouldn't have been as interesting in the last heat. I really need to remember to ease up with the mono once I get out in front, I dumped 2 heats being stupid when I was out front by my self, live and learn.

Jim

It's all good Jim! I knew you were ribbin' me, so I was ribbin' you back. Even though there were some less than desirable moments, it was still boating and boating equals fun fun fun
biggrin.gif

Jim and Marty,

I am glad you guys are having fun with racing each other.

That is what this sport is all about.

Appreciate Your Business Fellas,

Mark Sholund

Jim and Marty,

I am glad you guys are having fun with racing each other.

That is what this sport is all about.

Appreciate Your Business Fellas,

Mark Sholund
Mark,

Speaking for myself I am having more fun than I have had in years.I left racing for 12 years because of some bad experiences but it is fun again and I am having a blast. A lot of it has to do with being competetive and your props have been a part of that.I am sure Marty is having a good time with it as well and once he gets his boats dialed in he will be having more fun as well.

Jim

After having a few races go by without being able to get on the pipe. I found out that I had a gallon of bad fuel and a needle valve with not enough flow. With Mike Hughs'es recommendation, I purchased the O.S. needle in the attached photo. With good fuel, the difference was like night and day. I have the NR pipe at 3.75". It comes on the pipe like a rocket with no hesitation at all. At full throttle, it is totally on fire. It still needs some more breaking in, though. The lower end is still a little unpredictable.

losmg7164.jpg

After having a few races go by without being able to get on the pipe. I found out that I had a gallon of bad fuel and a needle valve with not enough flow. With Mike Hughs'es recommendation, I purchased the O.S. needle in the attached photo. With good fuel, the difference was like night and day. I have the NR pipe at 3.75". It comes on the pipe like a rocket with no hesitation at all. At full throttle, it is totally on fire. It still needs some more breaking in, though. The lower end is still a little unpredictable.
Hammer, I'm glad you found the problems! Where did you get the needle? Those were the kind I sold for years, but can't find them anymore...

GQ

Hammer, I'm glad you found the problems! Where did you get the needle? Those were the kind I sold for years, but can't find them anymore...

GQ
Hey Glenn,

They are about 10 bucks at towerhobbies.com

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCR44&P=ML

i just got gaven a wave slave that is identicle to yours if you wanna take a look at my setup so far its on my gallery in my profile. i am looking to by an engine for my . wave slave so if you are ever selling a .21 inboard give me a holler.

Hey Casey,

Sorry, but I don't have an extra .21 laying around. I hope to see you at the Turkey Shoot next Sunday. I will bring my Wave Slave. You're more than welcome to look at the set up. I don't know if it the best example, but it is starting to come around.

Awsome jim mamaral just gave me a .21 k&b inboard with side exaust and what are you using for a motor mount

GQ
Hey Glenn,

They are about 10 bucks at towerhobbies.com

http://www3.towerhob...?&I=LXCR44&P=ML
mark i use that same needle on .21 cmb's. plenty of flow, & good adjustability B) !

I have a header, too. Does it need a 180 degree header?

Anyway, if you need it, it's yours. Let me know, and I will bring it.

if it works to clear the radio box that would be great. here is the header i have now but it docent clear the radio box.

Back