Wave Slave Revival

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

A week or so ago, I put up a WTB in the for sale section of IW for a Wave Slave Hull. With in a few days, Kelly from my club pm'd me with one. I picked it up a few days later, and after some pretty extensive body work, this is what became of it. I still have some graphics and a final clear coat to put on. It had some hardware on it when I got it, but I think I'm going to set it up like I have in the past with different stuff. I have owned several of AC Model Boats in the past, this one has definitely been my favorite. I still haven't decided what I'm going to power it with. Also attached to this post is a picture of one that I raced in Japan. It had a NR Rex .21 LS in it. I don't think they make them anymore. It was an awesome engine. I'm really looking forward to getting this thing wet.

DSC00168.JPG

DSC00169.JPG

My first mono was a wave slave.... loved it.. wish I still had it..

A week or so ago, I put up a WTB in the for sale section of IW for a Wave Slave Hull. With in a few days, Kelly from my club pm'd me with one. I picked it up a few days later, and after some pretty extensive body work, this is what became of it. I still have some graphics and a final clear coat to put on. It had some hardware on it when I got it, but I think I'm going to set it up like I have in the past with different stuff. I have owned several of AC Model Boats in the past, this one has definitely been my favorite. I still haven't decided what I'm going to power it with. Also attached to this post is a picture of one that I raced in Japan. It had a NR Rex .21 LS in it. I don't think they make them anymore. It was an awesome engine. I'm really looking forward to getting this thing wet.

Here it is after the graphics and clear coat. Now the hard part; getting the engine and all of the parts. Even though, I think I will be able to have it ready before the next race I will enter in July.

DSC00170.JPG

Martin,

A 35+ will be plenty of motor for that boat.

Call Glenn Quarles.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Right now I'm building the radio box. When I got the boat from Kelly, it didn't have a radio box with it. Nothing against AC models, or any other manufacturer, but I prefer scratch built radio boxes over any manufacturer's stock glass radio box. I like having perfect 90 degree walls to accommodate the linkage tubes. You can't achieve this with fiberglass. I think my scratch built radio box lids seal better also.

DSC00177.JPG

Hammer, I absolutely love the GO motors. They perform, and parts are priced right. Love them!!

Thanks you all for all the input on engines. I made my choice. I love the NR that I have in my little .12 rigger so much, that I decided to go with the NR35+ with the 14.5mm crank, and carb mods. For all you guys pushing the GO, not a bad word was said about them, and I'm sure I will go with one in my next rigger. Hopefully I will have success with 35+.

I finished the radio box. Gotta love that carbon
cool.gif

DSC00178.JPG

DSC00179.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the strut on, and some of the other stuff that hangs off the transom prefabbed and mounted. Just waiting on the rudder. It should be here this week.

I'm hoping that my NR 35+ gets here soon. Progress from this point on is kind of at a stand still until I get it.

DSC00194.JPG

Marty,

The boat looks great. I may have to come to the next district race to see it run and see if my 'ducer can hang with all that yellow.

Kelly.

First race boat i ever had was a Wave Slave wouldnt mind having another one for the wife

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a delivery notification in the mail yesterday. It says Quarles in the sender's name box. I wonder what it could be?

I got a delivery notification in the mail yesterday. It says Quarles in the sender's name box. I wonder what it could be?
Must be one of his aprons or a pit towel :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I went to the post office to pick it up. Unfortunately there were no aprons or pit towels. Just a 35+
wink.gif

I hope Thom has some Torco 60% left. I need to get this thing broken in.

Must be one of his aprons or a pit towel :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I went to the post office to pick it up. Unfortunately there were no aprons or pit towels. Just a 35+
wink.gif

I hope Thom has some Torco 60% left. I need to get this thing broken in.
He should have plenty of fuel for you,lookin forward to runnin on the 4th.See ya there.

All complete! I have a race on the 4th of July. I hope I can get it broken/dialed in by then. That 35+ sure looks fast. Can't wait to see how it pushes this beast.

DSC00204.JPG

Back