water cooled head

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I am going to a machine shop tomorrow to have a water cooled head made for my OS TR12. I designed it, it's a two piece design the uses the original head button.

I was wondering if anyone else is interested in getting. I don't know what they will cost but I'll only charge for the parts and shipping if anyone wants one.

I can show the design if you like

Tony

Anthony, I would be interested if it is in the $40 range plus shipping. Sounds like a good idea!

Saugling said:
do you know if your water cooled head can be used on a .18 TZ?
110953[/snapback]

I should have some water cooled heads for the tz 18 available shortly.

I need to make one for myself so i might as well make a couple extras.

ken t. said:
Saugling said:
110953[/snapback]

110964[/snapback]

What are you running that .18 in?

anthony_marquart said:
ken t. said:
Saugling said:
110953[/snapback]

110964[/snapback]

What are you running that .18 in?

111072[/snapback]

I want to run my .18 TZ in a SGX .15

MikeP said:
Tony,
I would like to see your design.

Mike

111090[/snapback]

mY 18 IS GOING IN A FF 12. i WAS HOPEING TO HAVE IT IN THE WATER LONG AGO BUT HAVE HAD SERIOUS BAD LUCK WITH CLEAR COATING. iT'S NOW A WINTER PROJECT SO I'LL BE ABLE TO WHIP OFF SOME WATER COOLED HEADS.

"Me Too!" Tony, I if you have any drawings, bring them to the pond.

Hello Wade! What's new on your agenda? Been out of it for a while and need to catch up.

Don ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, I havn't had time to do much, & In a week, I'm going to have even less free time. I go back to school, & so do my boys.

Hey guys,

If you want to see the design I need to know what format you want them in.

I started out with the original head button and a two piece cooling head with two orings. After I looked at it for a while I thought that the orings grooves were too big and were taking up too much of what should be the heat transfer surface. I thne changed the design. I now have it were one part has a circular cut "v" shaped groove and other has raised rib of the same shape. The rib is 0.010 shorter than the groove is deep. I plan to place a very small bead of high temp silicone in the groove before assembly. With these parts being so small it seems like this is the best option. Unless you guys have a better idea.

I can read in .igs; .dwg; .dxf; .stp;... prety much anything you might write out.

or if you are refering to mage files, what ever as well

Back