Wanna see my new boat?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyke

First off, I have to thank Mark for his help and for the great quality of boat this is.

SO thanks Mark.

I hope this link works.

Anyway, I got the boat last August and am almost ready to get it wet. It is painted to resemble a full size mod VP I used to own. I don't plan on racing THIS boat, its just a play boat. But I will buy another to race as soon as the interest picks up in this style hull. I can't wait to get it wet now. Anyway...on with the show....

http://community.webshots.com/album/548726296LQAxmF

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark does build a sweet boat. If you want to see them in action, they will be running in the upcoming Charleston Model Boaters OB Tunnel Championships this weekend in South Carolina. He has built 6 identical boats to be raced in a special class, called the MOD-VP class. The principle is similar to the IROC racing cars. 6 drivers will be randomly selected by drawing for the weekend to be the contestants. Progress of this class and all of the other OB racing can be followed at the CMB website at:

2006 Tunnel Champs website

Mark has also created a season long series with this class at all District 13 high point races this year. Winner of the series get a new boat. If a racer wins the first 2 races of the year, they also get a new boat as a prize. Mark has committed to building this boat as an authetic replica of the full size boat.

Looks real good Tyke!! When I get time I am going to do another multi color stripe like that with some different colors. I almost didn't want to part with that one after it was built! Thanks for the good words, a lot of thought went into the design and layout of the boats.

John, Tyke is in Canada. Maybe he can join us some day at the Tunnel Champs race. It is already an multi national event.

Looks real good Tyke!! When I get time I am going to do another multi color stripe like that with some different colors. I almost didn't want to part with that one after it was built! Thanks for the good words, a lot of thought went into the design and layout of the boats.

John, Tyke is in Canada. Maybe he can join us some day at the Tunnel Champs race. It is already an multi national event.

I would hope so. It is really an international event with racers from the Netherlands and Germany! Just need some more of our Canadian brothers to escape the frozen north for a weekend and we will be in great shape.

Tyke,

You won't be dissappointed with the way the boat runs or handles. I bought one form Mark and had it on the water last summer. It is such a blast to run. I can't wait to get it out this year. I think the water is finally open around me so it maybe soon.

Thanks for the comments guys, If this hull drives anything like the full size, and I am pretty sure it will, I think it will be an absolute blast.

I hope the class catches on like the real ones did back in their day. They usually put on the best show of the weekend.

There will be pics and I'll try to get a video of the Mod-VP's up tonight at the TCII site.

-Bobby

can these hulls be bought?

Shane,

Yes they can! Mark Poole (post # 3 in this thread) builds them. 20 version only available at the moment. We ran a set of 5 this past weekend at the CMB race and they were a blast. I was one of the lucky 5 whose name was drawn as a driver. Even though I did not win I had a lot of fun with it and the class running was quite a neat time. Mark spent an incredible amount of time preparing them and it showed.

Check out the CMB tunnel race website for details, photos and video clips of all of the classes including this MOD-VP hull.

Yep, Mark builds and sells them, at a VERY fair price I think. He sends a whole bunch of color pic's as well as detailed setup instructions.

I can't say enough about all the help along the way either, Mark was always asking how it was going and if I needed anything.

Thanks again Mark.

Also thanks to Jerry D. for the killer deal on the K&B thats bolted to it.

All in all I could not have built this boat if it wasn't for this site.

Check out the video of the boats racing at the CMB Tunnel Race at the Tunnel Champs 2 web site. Go to videos then look for Smack Talk Mod VP race.

I should have pics and another video or two up on the site tonight.

Mark did a great job keeping the five Mod-VP's running well all weekend! All the drivers did an incredible job not only driving boats they never have driven before but also running them hard, they were set up loose, and there were no "racing incidents" with the boats. I think this class has a lot of potential! It was fun to watch!

Great Job Mark!

-Bobby

Back