Villain submarine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Torgalski

Hey OB dudes!

My Villain is doing something pretty weird. When I was going into right turns, starting to really push it hard, the inside sponson would not "let go" of the water, and it would pull the boat right underwater! I was thinking about attaching a snorkel to my carb, but I thought it would be better to figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? I do have the stumble blocks installed.

Thanks,

Jeff T..........

Too much negative trim. Try taking out 1/2 to 1 degree of negative trim. You MUST measure it at the prop shaft. I just found a motor mount that had a bunch of negative in it & with that motor & mount comb the boat was doing something very similar. My primary motor was mounted on a different mount (same kind) & did not have the nasty habit of digging in the corners.

No, I was thinking, "OOH, COOL. I didn't know they could do that!"

Sure would be a clean way to pass in a race.

Hi Jeff,

Ours did that one time when we put some neg. on it. We run it dead straight now no problems. Hey Grim we can not keep the stummble blocks on the hull they fall off setting on the bench,we used thin double sidded tape any ideas? jeff put a picture of that Villian on IW.

Tim

PB Racing

Dude, I can't put a picture up! My cousin went to clear coat it and he dropped it in the dirt when it was still wet. I'm gonna sand it down again this week and when it's done I'll show you.

And boys, you are definitely gonna like it!

I gobbed super glue all over those stumble blocks and just stuck em on. They're fine now.

SH is right.

If you run more then .5deg neg you could run into problems. Big time with a 1440

Tim if you are going to tape the SBs in place the best tape we have found it Bolink. We use this to hold the rear sponsons on our hydros without failure. The SBs are not a challenge for this tape.

grim

Back