Villain on a diet.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

First off the disclaimer:

While the mods work great for SAW, for Oval they remain untested. Take these ideas and run with them, come up with some of your own, thats the fun part.

Gene ;D

Revised nose mounting:

gg3.jpg

Bottom shot, note reduction of rear backing plate, two runners. Also smaller backing plate for radio box. Small piece of closed cell foam seals the nose in front of the radio box:

gg4.jpg

Woods used were SIG aircraft lite ply, 3 and 5 core and spruce. Ran the S-1 a year, and got two runs in on the V2 so far and NO problimo's

Any question's feel free ;)

Gene ;D

Gene,

That is awesome man. Way to go on those mods. You are THE MAN!!!!

Jeff Torgalski

p.s. No one ever told me what SAW stands for. What is it?

Gene

Could you give me the width & length of the std. Villian center section ?? With out getting in trouble!! Shoot me a IM please sir.

Hey Gener,

How do you set up that nose mount? What is it made from? any other pictures of how to do it?

Thanks

Kris

In the first pic, you cut the cowling so the lower back edges of the nose fit around the leading edge of the centersection, its tricky take your time, you need a tight fit, and in the last pic a backing block is glued to the front of the radio box tray, a piece of brass tubing extendes out from there through the nose and a couple pieces of fuel tubing hold it together.

Gene ;D

Hey Geneo!

I've been wondering about your nose deal there. Have you noticed any problems with too much drag caused by air and/or water getting under there? What is the attitude of the boat at speed? I would think if you get it too nose high the drag would be tremendous, or here comes a blow off!

I leave for training in FL Sunday A.M. Now they are trying to make a wireless maintenence tech. See ya in 3 weeks!

Later!

Ed Radz

Hey Ed,

I dont think it create's drag, more of a negitive pressure area in the nose, I put a piece of foam above the rod to seal out water from the radio box tray. The Villains ride pretty flat as does any tunnel with the rocker taken out of the sponsons, but your right if the nose gets to high, its reverse 180 time!!!

Yeah its gettin that time for me ta start my road trips too, the service calls are comming in, when the trip sheet gets full off I go, Watch out fer them gators in Fla. :eek:

Gene ;D

Latest posts

Back